Steven Forbes Lake day of fishing 7-23-2007

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by deerhunter4, Jul 23, 2007.

1. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Forbes day fishing 7-23-2007
    Hello everyone,:wink:

I am just dropping another line here to see how everyone is doing?
    All is well here or at least thats my story and I am sticking to it...LOL...I went out this morning for a day of fishing at Forbes and had a pretty nice day ended with 10 with the biggest at 6 pounds...here is a few pictures... Only have pictures of the fish and my truck at the cleaning station....

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27875&d=1185248132

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27874&d=1185248132

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27873&d=1185248132

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Paul,
    Thanks for the post and pics. Looks like you had a productive day! Travis (riverrat85), Brian (bwhupp) and I have been hitting Baldwin trying to catch a big blue or flathead. No luck yet!

3. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hope you boys hang into one...It sure would be nice to see a big one in some pictures, with all three of your guy's hands on one...It is really awesome that you all are fishing together after the gathering...

So nice...I am just proud to be apart of this wonderful place...you guy's are great...

Come on Travis I wanna see that big FlatHead Brother

4. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on a greta day out Paul. I havent had a day like that in a while. Ive been trying out the river lately so maybe Ill have a decent pic someday. Keep it up brother!!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul thanks for sharing your fishing trip to Forbes. Looks like you had a good day.Appreciate all you did at the gathering. Best of Luck to you .:smile2:

6. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well we went out last night around 7:30 pm and got home this morning around 5:30am we took pictures,cleaned fish and cleaned up our mess at the cleaning station...Total of about 8 hrs on the water however we had a good night...Nothing real big but we did fill the cooler...Here are a few more pictures...

I will be at home all day today...Going to have a fish fry for the wifes entire family today...Her Mother and Father are coming,both sisters and husbands and all the kids should be a great day...Many Thanks to the man up above for the fish he has supplied me with for this fry and hope there is many more to come...Well I am starting the rambling now so I better get off of here and take a nappy...See ya all hope you enjoy the pictures...Still looking to beat the PB of Mine of 10lbs...

Attached Files:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You are givein that cleanin station one hell of a work out. LOL! Thanx for sharein.

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like you're gonna have one heck of a fish fry!:big_smile:

9. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes,I am so Thankful for this place it is a life saver when it comes to cleaning your fish and not having to worry about the mess at home...
    I am just so Thankful I am willing to share all this with you all and I really enjoy taking everyone out to fish...Nothing like bringing a smile to the face of another for me...

I would just like to beat my PB this year with a Big-Un over 10 lbs...I will keep on keepin on till I do just inspires me to go out again...

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    OK I am up again ready to fry the fish now...Going to use some I had soaked already and give the other fish to my Brother-in-laws and Sister-in-Law...

Getting oil hot as we speak...MMMMMM going to be good wish you all where here to partake...

11. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Its also my mission to beat my PB this year. i am gonna do it. oh yes, im gonna do it....

12. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You will get that PB beat this year buddy...I am just sure of it...If you keep on working hard you will beat it...In the words of a wise man IT ONLY TAKES ONE CAST--MY DAY WILL COME...

Did you see Travis finally got his flathead go here and check it out...
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55700

13. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ive been putting a lot of extra effort into it. walking about a half mile total at the dam every time i go carrying a 5 gallon bucket full of water, an air pump and shad back to the car is enough to where i think i deserve it by now. :wink: travis did it and boy did he get a nice one! they are in there, they always have been.