steve_b124

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SC Backwoods Baitman, Mar 21, 2009.

1. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Everyone I talked to Steve earlier today and he was on the way to check on his dad. After a great week of fishing with his dad apparently his dad developed complications and had to be taken to the hospital. If you will lift up a prayer for them. If I hear anything else I will update or hopefully things will go good and Steve will be back soon and give us one.

2. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Prayers coming from the Fox Family. Great pic!!!

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Prayers sent from Anderson.

4. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Done

5. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Prayers up for him and his dad. Hope everything turns out ok.

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Prayers sent from Pop Pop and family

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Prayers sent from Liberty.

-Jim-

8. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Payers from the Thompson family

9. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks so much guys,
    Dad had a bought with heart failure, plus something is obstructing him from swallowing. The heart doctor released him from the hospital, but he goes back tomorrow for an outpatient proceedure to check on the blockage from swallowing. I really appreciate the prayers. Dad is a tough old bird, but this condition is really taking its toll on him. I told him next time I was cutting the line on anything over 5 pounds. I just pray there will be a next time.

God Bless All,
    Steve

10. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Prayers sent from the upper PeeDee.
    PEEDEE CAT

11. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Hope your dad gets well soon,I'll be praying for him an family.

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Steve everyone in the nest is and will be praing for your Dad and the family.

13. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    keeping you and your dad ,and family,in our prayers

14. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Prayers for you and your Dad, Steve....

15. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    When it comes my time to check out I hope it is fishing with my sons. Prayers for you and your dad. May he fish with you for long time.

16. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Steve,
    God has blessed us by giving us wonderful parents and we understand what its like for life to through a hiccup in the health of the one's we love and care about so much, However God understands better, and we know he is a merciful God and he listens to our prayers, and pray we are doing.
    God Bless.

17. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Has anyone heard of any updates so far? I know we're all pulling for them.

18. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Dad had his proceedure yesterday. The blockage appears to be nueropothy in his throat. They put him on some meds and a special diet. The heart failure is better, the doctors removed 17 pounds of fluids from him. The swelling is about gone now. He is really down because he realizes that he may never get to go like he is used to going.

Every day we have with him is a blessing from God. 13 years ago the doctors said he wouldn't make it through the night, then the week, then the year. God had other plans, He wasn't through with dad yet.

My biggest regret is living 3 hours away. I can't get to him fast enough in times like this. It kills me not being right there when he needs me. My mother is still in good health and my sister lives 5 minutes away, but its not the same. They have a house in Asheville, 1 hour away. I hope that mom will move there when dad does go. I could go up after work and do her yard work and such, plus we have a lot of family living around to help her.

Dad always made time for me when I was young. He included me in everything, whether working in the shop, hunting, fishing, just anything. Now I try to make time for him, no matter what. Thank God I have an understanding boss and 5 weeks vacation. Not to mention an understanding wife.

God Bless All,
    Steve

19. SloWater

SloWater New Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for the information Steve. I have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Gordon