Steve Irwin tribute

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Sep 19, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    we watched this tonite on animal planet and it was very good.
    this was aired earlier this month but we caught it tonite and was
    saddened and enlightened with clips of interviews and speechs that included a couple from bedi sue his little daughter that brought tears
    to our eyes as did the short speech his dad gave . it showed the last
    ride the old truck he loved roll past the crew and i presume into a museam at the zoo there.
    i always enjoyed the croc shows but this endeared those episodes to me even more and i hope his daughter and son continue on in the conservation steve led when they grow up .
    hope everyone else got to check this out.

2. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Heart wrinching...lots of tears. Gonna miss that man. :sad2:

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i saw it also. it made me sad. but i still love watchin him!

4. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yea i found out through some other people and i was like naw that aint true and then i found it online and my heart like sank in my chest because i always had had the dream of bein just like him and do great things for consevation like he has. hes one of the reasons i have decided to try to get in to wildlife consevation instead of any other law inforcement field. it was and still is hard to belive hes gone.

also did anyone else see all the crap that PETA was sayin about him online. i was told by a friend that they were sayin they were glad he was dead becuase he treated animals unfarly and a bunch of crap like that.

5. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    Steve will be missed. I am so sorry for him family. Animal Planet had a special this past week-end and it was great. When I heard I just could not believe it. It is still hard to even think that some thing like that happened. I just hope everyone will remember what steve stood for.:sad2:

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    its really hard to beleive hes gone still.. i mean when u first hear somethin like that youre thinkin to yourself "nu uh no way, steve cant die hes steve!" it was really hard for me to beleive especially because he was and still is my childhood hero... the world will not be the same without him. RIP steve

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I too seen the tribute also. It was very nice and I really liked the singer/guitarist but can anyone tell me what the hell one of the Wiggles was doin there??

Oh, Yeah... SCREW P.E.T.A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    What are your thoughts on this?

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    1: If ya don't know someone personally my opinion is why in the world would you want to speak at funeral Services. 2: Mr Irwin was a good man,I didn't know him personally but I cried and I blew him a kiss! I have deep sympathy for his widow and children. To answer your question,my opinion and only my opinion is to say somethin like that was bein real disrespectful. pk powell:smile2:

10. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Steve Irwin Will Be Miss ,as Far Cousteau, He Has Lost A Family That Planned On Watching His Series.he Was Very Disrespectful. Mr. Irwin Did What He Knew To Bring Awareness To The World Of The Many Animals And Dangers Of The Effects Of Humans Inhabiting The Same Lands Shared With The Animals Of The World.

11. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Thank you one and all for your candid comments, Much appreciated.

12. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Steve will truely be missed by me and my kids. He did alot for conservation in Australia, and abroad. He helped to save animals, and not hurt them. He built sanctuarys for creatures that alot of us would rather see as road kill. When he would jump on an aligator/croc, or grab a deadly snake, he knew what he was doing. And he was trying to show the world creatures that most of us will never get to see. Although I would never attempt to do the things he did, I was always intrigued by the animals that he would share with us. And I loved his sense of humor even when he would get bit, poked, and prodded by these animals. He never got mad when he was bitten, he would explain that this is how the creatures defend themselves and say "youre a naughty little fellow!"
    On the episode when his dog died, he showed true human emotion. Im sure there is alot of us that have lost a family pet, and felt like we had lost one of our own kids. He was a true advocate for letting these creatures live, build them homes, and I will miss him dearly.

Kenny

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i do believe there was a bit of showmanship with steve as far as some of the things he might have done on his episodes, but as far as jumping on animals i think it was mainly gators or crocs that were in need of being
    relocated right??????

he seemed like he had a genuine love of wildlife and wanted desperately
    to spread his love, passion ,and and knowledge of animals to everyone.
    as i said in another thread the showmanship i think was used as a way
    of provokeing interest in people and just watching one episode of croc hunter would make anyone see he was a truely entertaining and likeable guy that was doing what he loved to do.
    he had greater courage than me getting so near some of these creatures
    when he would pick up a big poisonous snake and hop around avoiding strikes he would bring a smile and get an audiance excited and educate all at the same time . yes he could have got near it and talked about it
    but it wouldnt have the same effect.
    there is another guy that is a hands on guy too jeff corwin although he
    is nuttier than a fruit loop , i still like to watch his shows he is entertaininmg. steve will be remembered in a light that may never be duplicated or equalled. his shear enthusiasm and effort was phenominal

14. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    All I can say is...............Remember the Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom episodes on Sunday evenings? Marlin Perkins liked to say, "I'm going to stand over here and JIM is going to poke a stick at that tiger (ect) way over there".

Now if I were in Steve's shoes with 2 beautiful young children, I would be doing what Marlin did. There were plenty of young single Steve types working for Mr. Irwin that could have done the dangerous stuff.

Now I'll get off my high horse and just say that I watched the tribute and didn't leave dry faced. Bindi's speach was one I'll never forget.

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    As for Mr. Cousteau.His honesty is to be admired.His timing is not.I have no doubt that Steve Irwin knew that his lifestyle would lead to his death and that he was way overdue.He accepted that as the price he would pay to do what he wished.I think that the manner of his death would have surprised him.I would think that he met his death without realizing that he was dieing.That in itself would have surprised him I believe.I am glad that he did not die in front of a crowd,mangled in the jaws of his favorite Croc.I think that he would have expected this to be the most likely way.peewee-williams

16. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Man his show is one that family's can sit down and watch together. Steve will be missed.