Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Stern mounted Trolling Motor

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Reelin Man 
#1 ·
anyone know anything about stern mounted trolling motors???

#3 ·
what do you want to know.?.. I've had stearn mount or transom mount on three boats... they serve their function.... controlled drifts... bow into the current... or keeping the stearn into the current back trolling... what you want to know....???? and all of this was was with the bow mount in the front..... way up there .... if you know what I mean.....having something at the back to move some....... back forth, etc. sure is nice.....

bayrunner ray

#9 ·
I've used them on both ends. I have found that in lightweight boats with the user in the rear the wind has a tendency to steer to bow around with a front facing trolling motor in the rear. The front works best, but if there is no other way but to mount it on the transom, turn the head of the trolling motor around and use it to track the boat backwards for fishing. It's a little more awkward this way, but better than wild winds steering the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.