Stepson finally got his deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 1sporticus, Dec 13, 2009.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well my 18 year old Stepson Mike, finally killed his first deer. A doe about 150 lbs. The doe ran about 300 yards before it died. He had gut shot it. Anyway he finally got to clean a deer that was his. LOL He is proud as a peacock, and we are glad he finally got one. I do believe we have ensured that he is a confirmed hunterolic. LMAO Later Andy

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    A big congrats to Mike!!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Andy. I know your proud of him. Congrats to Mike.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats to him ,Andy. I know you'r proud of him. Hope this the first of many.

5. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    1st deer is hardest. from here on out, it will be a breeze:big_smile:congrats

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats to Mike on his first deer! That is exciting im sure for both of you! :big_smile: rollo

7. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congrats!:big_smile:

8. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya never to old to take up hunting or get a first deer thats for shure.

9. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Congrats

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations to him on his first deer :cool2:, Thanks for getting the kids involved in the outdoors :cool2:.

11. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    We are an outdoors type of people.I have 2 grandsons 13 and 9 that are very much into hunting. I gave the oldest one a 20 guage single shot Christmas of 07 for graduating hunter safety. The 9 yo is pretty good at the gun range, and he is waiting to be old enough to go. Both boys fish as well. The wife is a hunter/fisher as well also. The youngest grandsons other Gpa, teaches hunter safety, so he and I have sponsered some kids as well. I don't know why Mike had so much trouble, he is a good kid, and a good shot, but he is a hyper child, so I think that had something to do with it. Also I think he wanted it to badly. I am so happy he got his deer, he was almost on the verge of not hunting. Oh well life is good have a good day everyone. Later Andy