Step-sons first Catfish!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tatersalad, Jul 12, 2006.

1. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I took Boog (my stepson) out to the lake last night. Caught some 'gills and got serious. He had a good bite pretty early, but learned that knots can fail, so that fish got away.

About 10pm, we started seeing a good bounce on one of the rods, but it never loaded up. 10 minutes later the rod tip was vibrating like crazy, and I told Boog to get the rod out of the holder and get that fish!

Watching him reel that catfish in was probably the greatest fishing experience I have ever had. He has only recently shown an interest in catfishing, and I have been doing every thing I can to fulfill that interest.

At 10:15 pm 07/11/2006 Boog landed his first cat, a 4 1/2 - 5 lb channel, caught on a 'gill head. Pictures were taken, backs were slapped, hands were shaken. All was right in the world.

I want to thank each and every one of you for helping to make this possible. The encouragement and support I have received from all the brothers and sisters here made it possible for me to help Boog catch that fish. I think he is now hooked hard on the kitty-fishing. Words cannot express what this means to me.

Thanks all, Pete

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great story,thanks for sharing.Congrats to him for his first cat and Congrats to you for taking him out!!!

3. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I appreciate the responses guys. I am looking forward to many more trips afield in the future!

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete, that's great! I hope he takes as much interest into catfishing as you have and passes it on to his chidren someday. Congratulate him for me!

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations, It sounds like you both had a great time.

6. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I appreciate the responses, we'll be back on the water soon!

7. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Its always nice to here that someone is takeing their kids fishing

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats Pete on being a great Dad,reps for you.There is nothing any better than having fun with the young ones...:big_smile:

9. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    way to go..now he's hooked ....lol