Steering ur trolling motor from ur boats steering wheel!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by repoman3809, Dec 29, 2008.

1. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I have a transom mount trolling motor, which I rig to my I/O outdrive in order to be able to steer the trolling motor from my boats steering wheel. I love being able to do this, but didnt realize Minn Kota actually makes one just for this. :crazy:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_73581____SearchResults

I seen a pic where a BOC guy had one of these mounted on his boat, thats what promoted my search for one. I'm gonna definitely get one of these here soon.:roll_eyes:

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    As friend of mine has twin trolling motors mounted on each side of his outboard. It's a sweet set-up.

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    The day you told me how yours was set up I decided this was a perfect idea and I immediately set about with plans to fabricate a bracket to fasten to my motor. I seldom buy any thing till I make sure I can't make it myself. Sometimes this ends up costing me more than just going out and purchasing it but you can't blame a gut for trying to save some money..

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Somebody sold one of those for $300 here on the BOC just a few weeks ago, http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98271
    I've been thinking about it too, the positives are obvious, the negatives are that you can't tilt your outboard up and then use the troller to go through a shallow spot, and it also performs poorly in reverse. The other problem I have... what has stopped me from getting one... is that the 2-3" it sticks out would have made my boat too long for the garage, I only have about 1" to spare :sad2:

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I have the remote control for my trolling motor. I can run it from anywhere in the boat. Works for me.