Steelhead on the River

Discussion in 'OREGON RIVER TALK' started by treasure, Sep 27, 2006.

1. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    Well I have been watching the fish counts and seems like we are getting 3-4 thousand fish over McNary dam dailey this week. I think I am going to hit the river this Thursday morning and see if we can't pick up one or two.

Anyone else getting any out there?

2. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    Well it's 5am and I am off to the river for some catfish and then try our luck for a steely..

Man it has been a long time since I got up this early....don't think I will do it again though...:lol: :lol: :lol:

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Well Good luck too ya'! I sure wish I was there with ya. I LOVE to go for steelhead! I use a 11.5' St. Croix Wild River and a 10' G.loomis fer em! Ya almost gotta have the good stuff when fighting a big ol steelhead!! Man am I ever jelous of you right now!!

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I spent two years in Seaside, beautiful country, good luck on the fishing. My biggest steel head was around 20 pounds. I have seen some big one in streams with nothing more than 6 inches of water and some good holes.

5. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    Well no Steelhead, But caught a couple small bass and crappie,,baby perch or two...

Blew a head gasket and dropped a rear driveline...shezzzzz. that trip was expensive...for no big fish..

Wish you guys were here also. you could help me catch my first steel head.

6. baitcastingcats

baitcastingcats New Member

State:
    washington
    you talking bout the dam out by charbenou park ? what were you using as bait ?