Steelhead Fishing

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by RebelMan, Mar 7, 2007.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Anyone fishing the lake erie area for steelheads? Im heading up there on March 23-26 and wondering if anyone is having any luck up there.

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    All streams have been iced up thick for the last 3 weeks anyways, you shoud be good to go by the last of March if the wether doesnt do a 180 on us, Im itching to go!! ( SW Ohio) as is about 500 of my fishing buddies, when the ice jams break free, the first high water event will bring a crap load of fish in and everyone is just waiting for that to happen before they head up. It will be as crowded as ever with so many folks having to put the season onhld for the last month
    Good luck
    Salmonid

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I live in North Eastern Pa and as of today thier is a heavy snow. I imagine that the ice is still pretty thick up that way. It might do you well to wait till the end of March. But, YES I love to go Steelhead fishing! I use the eggsac and a light presentation or parachute flies for fun to get a rise! Good luck Brother andd have fun!

4. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i wouldnt mind going up and fishing rocky river or the chagrin river for some steelhead we use to catch some nice one out of those to rivers now i live in se ohio and dont have a way or the money to head up...so,you fellas have a good time and good luck

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Yea i checked www.weather.com and they said for next week in erie its suppose to be high of 40s and 50s so that will break that ice up and hopefully be warm till the 23rd :0a32:

6. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You should do well unless the water is up. If it is just hit a smaller (mile) creek.