Steelers free agency

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by bigblaze, Mar 7, 2006.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I have been a STEELER fan for a long time and have seen them loose a lot of good players due to free agency...

I just checked the website and seen they just released 4 players including Maddox....

Hopefully they will be able to keep Antwan Randel El and Kimo Von Oloffen they are valuable players to that team. (especially "El" for all the gadget plays the run)

2. DensSang

DensSang New Member

State:
    Illinois
    they dont get antwann back he will be a chicago bear next year

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I doubt they will be able to keep Randle El. He wants the big money and the Steelers are not going to pay it. I'm glad we didn't lose Ken Whisenhunt, it looked like he was going to the dreaded Raiders but he turned Al Davis down - gotta love it!!!

4. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Ken Whisenhunt ("The Wis") may be the one to replace Cowhere when he retires...

its funny how the steelers treat free agency...they loose alot of good players because they are not willing to pay the big bucks...

I hope Staley gets going this season and he doesn't turn out to be a bust..

Veron haynes (3rd, Down Back) is aslo a free agant

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yeah, I'm curious to see if Staley is the replacement for the "The Bus" when they need to pound it out or what will they do? He is hurt all the time so I don't know if we can count on him or not. I hope he learned from Bettis how to get the job done!!!

6. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    You think they treat free agency bad.. Welcome to the AZ Cardinals. Longest loosing franchise in the league. They are like 30mil under the cap. Think they will go out and do something... H$% No!! :mad: Voters approved a nice new stadium for them which opens this season. They had better produce with in the next year or two or I say send them off to Alaska....Sorry, I dont mean to offend anyone in Alaska.

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    well it happened antwan is gone he is now a Redskin...i hope he sucks this season....guess it could happen look at what happened to greedy old Plaxico..

the Cards. are new owners of the Edgerine James...that should be good for them

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    bigblaze - The Redskins owner Daniel Snyder must be off his rocker to give Randle El a $31 Million contract. I wish the Steelers would have been able to keep him but not for that kind of absurd money. Randle El caught 35 passes and had 1 touchdown in the regular season. So the Redskins are rewarding him with about a million bucks per catch. He won't be in no Pro Bowl playing in Washington this year. Take the money and run! Steelers will draft someone just as good for a lot less money.

9. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Hey Pennsylvaniacatchaser, do you think Plexico burris wishes he would have stayed in pittsburg? They win the superbowl next year, randel el wish he would have stayed. I can't blame him. I don't think you could make $31 million any easier.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Rockjumper - Plexico who? Oh, thats right the bum who jumped ship last year for the big bucks, LOL! I don't blame either one for leaving since there are stupid owners out there willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money to marginal players but at the same time I'm not going to wish Randle El well in Washington. He will fade into Redskin oblivion as yet another overpaid Daniel Snyder pickup! I'm just glad they got the whole labor contract worked out and we will have uninterupted football for another 6 years. Go Steelers!!!!

11. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Pacatchaser, I heard that! Money amounts are crazy. It seems like the players that become stars in pittsburg leave and never heard of again. $$$$$$money makes the world go around!

12. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Well at least they were able to retain Hartings and Charlie Batch...:thumbsup:

Whats up with Adam Vinitari (spelled) visiting ...they need to stay with Jeff Reed..

any thoughts???

13. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Jeff Reed is the man! Steelers better not mess with him!!!

14. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I second that....

They lost Kimo Von Holeoffen ....that sucks!!!