Steeler Nation!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Show your support for the Black & Gold by posting here!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!:cool2: :big_smile: :cool2: :big_smile: :cool2: :big_smile:

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Goooooo Steeeelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Go to the Arena League Steerlers!!! LMAO

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like the Steelers but the Broncos are my team. If they can Sweep the bengals they will win the AFC north, but I think the Ravens will also make a good showing, making the AFC north the second or third toughest division in the NFL.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Well we lost to the Vikings Sat. night 17 - 10. Big Ben and the 1st team offense marched it right down the field and scored a touchdown on the first drive. Ben didn't play again. He looked sharp and confident that drive using a no huddle offense at times. Our defense was a bit shaky. The Steelers do the right thing in preseason and play the starters for a few series and take a look at the rookies and new guys to see what they got. Some of these other teams play like these games count in the regular season standings!

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It must be rough to be a Dolphins fan! Jr. Seau retires from Miami and a couple days later unretires and signs with New England. Says he wants a chance at a championship, guess it wasn't gonna happen in Miami!:roll_eyes:

7. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    STEELER'S
    and WDVE
    ROCK THE 'BURG !!!

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I watched the whole Steelers - Eagles game Friday evening and good lord what aweful viewing!:angry: Steelers looked bad! Ben only led two drives and I thought he could have used some more playing time but Cowher pulled him. Offense stunk, defense stunk, Jeff Reed stunk, Duce Staley stunk, Uhhhhh I know it's just preseason but that was bad!!!:eek:oooh:

9. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Hang in there Scott, you are not the ONLY one around that is sick to his stomach!!!

The Steelers got a LOT to overcome. More than I ever thought about!

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Wally! I try not to get too worked up about preseason games but that game Friday was really bad! Some of our key players had lousy games. Duce Staley is supposed to take over for Bettis and as soon as any tackler laid a hand on him he went down like a bowling pin! I expect much better from him and if not it may be time to send him packing. Big Ben has looked sharp overall but has only led four drives in three games and I think he could have used some more work Fri., that int. he threw was bad! We had a number of chances to get back in that game but Jeff Reed missed several field goals (one really bad), Ike Taylor dropped 2 ints., we took a couple bad penalties. The defense isn't stopping anyone on third downs. The rookie QB's are not impressing me very much. Yoi and double yoi! Well, lets hope for better play against Carolina in the preseason final. I don't care if they win or lose the game just play good solid fundamental ball. Ok, I'm done. Take a deep breath everything will be fine!:roll_eyes:

11. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm ready for the first half and maybe more of the SteelersvPanthers games. Two giants from the AFC and NFC who are both surely playoff contenders.

12. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    go steerlers. go win another superbowl.:big_smile:

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jordan - You are a wise man! Glad to see we have Nebraska represented in Steeler Nation!:big_smile:

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    OK, now that the Steelers have completed a "perfect" preseason, it's time to get down to serious business. First the roster has to be trimmed and then it's time to get ready for the season opener Thursday night against the Dolphins! Thank God it's football season again!:big_smile:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Steelers got the roster down to the 53 man limit. Looks like were going with just 2 QB's - Ben and Batch. Shane Boyd and Omar Jacobs were released. Other notable players that were sent packing include - Quincy Morgan and Lee Mays. I thought Mike Barr might steal the punting job but they kept Gardocki. Duce Staley kept his job but he didn't impress me in the preseason, hopefully he will get his legs moving. We open against Miami on Thursday night and I am working 4 x 12 shift! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!:angry: :sad2:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!:big_smile: :cool2:

16. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Duce always gets hurt it's just a matter of time

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I hear ya Josh! Hey I like your new avatar! Nice photo!

18. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    It seems Ben's bad luck continues after surgery today it appears Charlie Batch will be starting and they resigned omar jacobs back to the practice squad..

GO STEELERS!!!!

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Can you beleive it! Ben survives and recovers from the motorcycle accident and now will miss the first couple weeks cause of his appendix. Charlie Batch is a decent back-up so I quess our fate lies in his hands for the 1st couple weeks of the season.:crazy:

20. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    Whoooooooooooo, Go Steelers,,,,, Im Wavin My Terrible Towel Right Now......!!!!!!! Whooooooooooooooo,,,,,