Steamplant...

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Brad30110, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am not sure what the deal is but this morning there was not a single shad at the plant. 2 Hours I threw a cast net and not a single shad. Caught alot of bass, perch, bluegill, and so on... Not a single shad.. It made out for a crappy day! I ended up keeping a couple perch and went out on the river. I stayed for a hour and caught 1 5lb flathead and called it a day. Hopefully yall had more luck.

2. 8up

8up New Member

State:
    TN
    Brad we fished downriver from there for 2 hours using cut skipjack and got nibbles but no takers. We also bass fished for several hours and only managed 5 bites. We did watch the commercial fisherman throw back a lot of paddlefish that died in their nets.
    [​IMG]

3. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That's pretty cool. I have never seen a paddlefish. Are the good eating?

4. 8up

8up New Member

State:
    TN
    suppose to be great eating and the eggs sell for something like $100 a pound and an adult can hold up to 6 lbs of eggs. We did not catch that one just picked it up for the photo. On rod and reel if you catch one it was by mistake. They are plankton eaters.

5. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    yeah we hit the steam plant the sunday and couldnt get a shad one lots of small shiners we ended up runnin to the dam shad were there but couldnt get to em too many people where the shad were if ya know what i mean. went down the road to johnsons creek and threw the cast net off the bridge caught a cooler full of 5 -6 inch bluegill and bout 20 shad lettin it go the the bottom. its bad when you have to hunt bait but you do what ya got to do i guess

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My dad and I put in at the steamplant friday night. Like yall already said, no shad, no skips. Dad was trying to dip shad at the wall and I was casting for skips by the bridge. He managed 1 shad. Put the boat in and went up to mouth of guice creek to try for gills. Managed 3 or 4 bass, no gills. Good thing we brought frozen shad and skips. Fished down river in the barrell hole area. Had alot of bites and a couple hard pull downs, but no hookups. The dang bugs like to have toted us away though. Oh well, maybe next time.

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We also went yesterday for eater cats. Put in at Cheatham dam at 7:30 am and fished til 12:30. Went up to the dam to look for fresh bait, none. They were generating at the dam however. Started a drift right at the ramp. Drifted about a mile downriver. Drifted this area over and over 3 or 4 times. Managed 32 cats. All were in the 1 to 3 lb. range. Fun with ultra-light rods in the current. These will eat real good come Friday night!

8. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    a little off subject but i was at cordell hull today with two gens running annd hung some big carp on ultralites!! 5lb fish in the middle of that boil felt like a 40 lber !! people aint kiddin when they say current matters!! i even rigged my 9fter and abu 6500 with lil jigs and they straightened the hooks but i finally got a couple of em up on the walkway!! fellas skips are easy to come by down here you dont even need a boat!! i caught 60 or so yesterday and and just as many today!!1 couldve caught more!!

9. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    put in at lock b and went to cheatum dam from 7 am til about 12 noon. went with mr smith and whit. drifted from boat ramp to one mile down. the fish were biting lite the water temp was 80 degrees. didnt recognize you there brandon. we were the only one with the blue top up. we caught 18 blues and one channel cat. john

10. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, don't remember seeing a boat w/ blue top. If I'd seen your boat, I would have known it was you. There was 3 or 4 boats with foreigners fishing for cats. Believe they had a trotline out and were running jugs. Talked to a man and woman in a little 14' boat. Said they'd caught 60 cats. There was also a couple bass fishermen around.

11. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    they had a mess of jugs out but never saw them catch any talked to the boat with the man and boy and wife and the two men in the boat. will look harder next time. we were fishing on the other side of the boat ramp by red bouys.