steam plants

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by shadguts, Nov 12, 2007.

1. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Has anyone heard of how the skips are running at the steam plants yet? Have been catching a few at pickwick but kinda slow and havn't been in three weeks. I know the water is cooling.

2. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    i went out yesterday to the cumberland city steamplant they are there the small 4-8 " ones are in heavy. the bigger 10-14"+ are starting to come in as well like every 3rd cast getting one or 2 during the early part of the day. they kinda taper off as it gets later

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll be going over to Cumberland City this Thursday morning for some "skipjacking". I plan to be there from 10 am-12 pm or so if any of you would like to meet up. I'll be in a white GMC 4-door 4X4 w/ a BOC sticker in the back window.

4. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Brandon let us know how it goes. Oh I think that I may have replyed to a thread you had a while back. It took a while but I have an answer. I bought the lowrance 525c df. It is a nice unit and plenty powerful for me. The color is also nice. I would have liked the side imagining unit but not $2000 worth. I would say that the dual frequency part probably is not very helpful to me because I fish in shallower water. I know that the cabelas catalog says 2400 watts but it is really 4000. BPS catalog says 4000.Lowrance says 4000. The gps is nice also. It has alot of features that will probably take a while to learn. Good luck on the skipjacks.

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Something came up and couldn't go. Maybe next week.

6. jaihage

jaihage New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I went out Sat, 17 Nov, and Skips were being pulled in the 6"-12" range. I saw 1 cat pulled and about 15-20 stripes 5-15lb range being pulled, freelining. I also landed one @ 10lbs using Skip guts on a trailer hook set up.