steam plant

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by jug, Dec 7, 2007.

1. jug

jug New Member

State:
    tennessee
    went fishing at johnsonville steam plant thursday afternoon. i had herd they catching a few crappie there. didnt catch any crappie but caught several bream,3 bass and a few channels. mostly around the barge tie offs. my cousin broke my 12ft crappie pole when i a fish bit and folded it in half. probably a channel. caught every thing on minows. any body having any look up this way.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Never been but I have been wanting to go up that way for a while.

3. jug

jug New Member

State:
    tennessee
    this will be my first year fishing the winter. used to hunt in the winter. but gave it up. from what ive been told theres good crappie, catfish, and skipjack fishing in the steamplant all winter long. well see how it goes.

4. smokeysmurf22

smokeysmurf22 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i went this weekend to the cumb. city steamplant and fished from the bank. skipjack werent in there too thick. i think we got 12 in about 3 hours. nobody else seemed to be catching em much faster either. we did see some decent stripe caught, 5-8 lbs. i was wondering how the current has been out on the river. i havent fished down there in about a year. i know the lack of rain this summer and fall probably slowed the river down alot.

5. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    smokey it was the same story here i was down there sunday morning and it was the same.

orrin

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    There has been some really nice stripers being caught in the real early hours of the morning. From 2:00 am-6:00am.

7. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    John on the stripers being caught are they using shad , skipjack, lures or something else?

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The ones I know about were caught on a 6" white sassy shad with 1/4 oz. jig with strong hook

9. jug

jug New Member

State:
    tennessee
    jesse havnt spent a whole lot of time on the river. so dont know about the current last couple weeks. when i went to the steamplant there wasnt much current that day. but with the ran we have had figure there will be some now.

10. smokeysmurf22

smokeysmurf22 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i hope so. im going down to clarksville soon i just dont know when its gonna be. i have enough skips for a couple of trips on the boat. its closer for me to go to the gallatin steam plant but i've never had any luck fishing lakes. i've been to gallatin steam pklant a couple times but that was just to get bait. i know its dangerous out there with thos shallow spots!