Steam plant report, C city

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rcneman, Nov 24, 2006.

1. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    went over to the steam plant to grab some baitfish for tomorrow's outing....nothin much goin on over there. talked to quite a few folks...was told "few skips had been caught".
    I tried my castnet a LOT..and managed to get 2 4" skips. Nothin on the normal skipjack rigs.

cyas
    rc

2. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Hopefully they will finally get in there. Thanks for the report

3. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    we went to the steam plant yesterday, and caught about thirty nice sized skips, There in there, but there deep, and hitting slow.

4. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    what time of day were you gettin em, canepole?

last couple times i went was in the late afternoon, thinkin maybe i should hit it in the morning, possibly?

thanks
    rc

5. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    went to the steam plant today and fished four hours and caught 4 skipjack. i think the river is being pulled down and thats why i didnt catch many. when i was there last week it took 17 seconds to hit the bottom with a weight and today it only took 7 seconds. the fish i caught were on the bottom. hope they move back in soon. i am going to fish the 4 skipjacks at dover tomorrow will post how i did.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, thanks for the skipjack info. Good luck tomorrow. You should have some nice weather.

7. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Hope you tear em up tomorrow John.

8. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    went to dover fishing to day with my brother and his son the water temp was 54 degrees they caught 3 fish one flat head on a strip and two blues. flat head was about 15 lbs and the biggest blue was 20. there was good current for a change.

9. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the report John. Glad to hear yall got a few nice fish and that there was good current.

10. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Was the water coming up or was it still low with current.

11. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    the water is still being drawn down went yesterday and caught 7 skipjack in 4 hours and went this morning and caught one.