Stealth cam [prowler]

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by dieselcat, Oct 7, 2008.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I had recently bought 1 of these cams off ebay cause i got a pretty good deal on it and was wondering if anyone else has tried them out?i have had my cuddeback no flash for almost 3 years and it has been 100% awsome.the stealth cam takes good pics but the trigger speed doesn't compare to my cuddeback,kinda dissapointed at the trigger speed.i did quite a bit of research b4 i even bought the stealth cam and it had pretty good reviews cept for the trigger speed but i figured for the price i could get it for i would atleast try it out.as far as i know my cuddeback has never missed a deer in the 3 yrs i've had it out and the stealthcam in the 3 weeks i've had it out has missed a dozen pics or more:sad2:If you are ever wanting to see reviews on game cams here is a site that does tons of testing on the different cams on the market.good luck to all!

http://www.chasingame.com/

2. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I want to thank dieselcat for the link to "Chasing Game". This place has reviews for a whole lot of game cameras. I wish I had known about this place sooner. I bought a Moutrie I 40 and was proud of it until I read the reviews. OH WELL.

If you are thinking about a game camera you can do like I did and buy the one in the fancy box or research them at CG. I could have gotten a lot better for the same money.

3. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have a Cam Tracker that I have had for 20 years or more. Its been a great system. Its 35mm and not digital but other than that its been bullet proof.

4. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa
    i have two stealth cams and i like them very much,with the exception of a slow trigger like you had said.but overall it does the job for me both day and night to get around the slow trigger i put it over top of some of that attractent you can get from cabelas it seems to hold them long enough.