Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends dad is big time into flats fishing and has a real nice flats boat. we always bicker back and forth about our different ways of fishing. all in good fun. except he always says to me you can't use bream for bait period. And it says right in the freshwater florida fishing handbook that bream maybe used for bait by the angler who caught them by rod and reel. Just pisses me off. lol anyways I stole some ideas from him like using a double uni knot instead of a swivel and am about to add a 12' fluorocarbon leader, bead, uni knot then another shorter leader. I figure this the long leader is a great idea so the egg sinker doesn't tare up my braid when its sliding up and down.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i hate when casting heavy sinkers ,the sinker tend to slack back from the bait this giving me a short cast .... and forcing us to ponder on aa way to stop yet allow the sinker to slide. not thats thinkin with your ugly stick timmy !!! and i am gonna expament with fixed sinkers since my 3 way swivle rig seems to work fine but keeps my bait off the bottom.

now i'll try simalar set up 40lb power pro to swivle 4-6 inches of 50lb mono to the swivel add a sinker to this short mono line then add another swivel then 16-18 inches of more 50-80lb mono to the swivle and hook . p.s ash caught that big cat on a 6/o eagle claw circle hook BIGGER HOOK and more gap ... yes i know i need to learn the uni knot and save on swivels but the swivel gives you the ability to allow the fish to roll and not twist your line might save you the dreaded gar death roll tangled mess but maybe not we can each try a method and see what they like

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.