staying clean while catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Feb 3, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished with several guys who can ware a white shirt and fish all day or night and that shirt never gets a spot on it.

Me on the other hand is filthy dirty whithin an hr, with shad guts , slime and sales all over me.

I guess it might help some if I carried a rag:smile2:

But I alwysed thought that was what my shirts and pants were for, for wiping your hands:smile2:

2. willybob

willybob New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    One year I had really bad luck. I couldn't seem to catch fish to save my life. The year before I could catch fish with an empty hook. My wife started asking questions like maybe I'd found another woman. I thought she was joking until she showed up at the lake. It was rainning and about to storm so I left to go home. When I got to the main road there she was
    soaking wet. She had walked 4 miles to the lake and almost 4 miles back home because I was about to go the back way home. She said she just wanted to check on me to see if I was ok. From that day on I rub fish bait all over shirt I get worm poop under my nails and fish slime on my hands.
    It's something we laugh about now. I'd say going home smelling like a bait shop is a part of the fun. God bless you all.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you ain't dirty when your done fishing, you hadn't been fishin!:roll_eyes: rollo

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i thought half the fun was getting dirty and the other half was listening to the wife complain about it,lol

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I have specific clothes I wear just to go fishing so I wipe everything on my clothes. It's not like I have to go home and hand wash them or something. Washing your hands in the river is not gonna attract those flatheads to come towards your bank, if you know what I mean:wink:. I am very superstitious about fishing and getting dirty will catch you fish.

I say WIPE IT! WHIPE IT GOOD:smile2:!

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I might be able to stay clean while fishing if I could find something clean to put on before I went.

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I start getting dirty, the minute I start catching bait. Then it seems all down hill from there. C'mon we're fishermen not caterer's...

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Everytime I get home my clothes, and boat are a serious bacterial infection just waiting to take place!:eek:oooh:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I carry plenty rags. I buy them at rummage sales. Cheap and sure helps with the guts and stinkbaits.

10. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    wow clean catfishermen now thats a new concept, yeah i have rags with me and so on, but i always end up getting dirty anyways, the rgs just take the main dirt off, has my cattin clothes so i dont care if i get dirty thats all part of fishing i think and this def isnt a pretty boy sport:smile2::tounge_out::smile2::tounge_out::smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

11. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have rags, carry wipes, but it doesn't work for me. Let me tell you, I know how to get dirty.... just ask my wife. There's been times when I come home and she makes me take my clothes off outside. I can just roll the window down as i'm driving by the lake and get dirty. And If I go home early and decide to do a little fishing before dark, I've learned to change clothes.....

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lol if it was a pretty boy sport i sher would not qwalafi as a fishermen lol i do cary a rag to wipe my hands it helps but i still end up dirty and smelly i miss that smell its even gone from the van be glad whean weather breaks and we can get all fishy agen:cool2:

13. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is coming from a guy who has the same shad scale stuck on his forearm 2 straight weeks. :smile2: Usually the slime and mud set in while catching bait so by the time we do get setup to fish we're a mess. And there is nothing like going to Wendys afterwards and your burger tastes like shad!

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You all sound like my kind of fishermen!! I usually have a bag of green onion potato chips, and love the smell of of all them purfumes on every chip! When I get home and see what is in and under my finger nails and still stuck to the skin, I wanna puke! LOL... But, don't feel bad, and actually get a sense of appreciation from it! Them are things I am honestly missing now! Can't wait to get out and enjoy the finer parts of life!:wink: rollo

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Never trust a skinny cook, or a clean fisherman :wink::smile2:.

16. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When the sun comes up and you look at all of the blood guts and crap on your hands think about how many dips or chews you put in all night. Then think about all the food you ate.
    Then ask yourself "do I really care" my answer is always nope! Yeah, im ready to start getting dirty again......olj

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    seeing as how i fish with cut skips most of the time staying clean is not an option but i have learned to not eat the last piece of the sandwich im holding between 2 fingers.

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL! ALL GREAT replies! My wife chastises me ALL the time about eating with dirty, fishy hands, and is always going off about GERMS. I think she needs to live in a bubble. As for me, I like to stay slimed up! :wink::smile2:

Bill in SC

19. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Last summer 2 days after a trip catching skipjack, My wife ask what is the spot on the windshield in your truck???:crazy::embarassed: Upon investigating it I found it was a scale from a skipjack. Now if the truck looks like that you can only imagine how I look.:roll_eyes::crazy::embarassed::wink:

20. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    This is a tough one. I have always had a problem with dirt. Perhaps that's why I had to get an inside, office job! :roll_eyes:

My Catfish1.com t-shirt still looks new. Why, I look like one of those professional bass-fishing video stars out there on the water! :eek:oooh::smile2: