StateTrooper, Policeman or other Law Enforcement

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rebelzgrl76, Jul 2, 2006.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I was thinking today and was wondering, I know that we have people in the BOC that are in the military but how many are in Law Enforcement? Either currently or past. PeeWee is an ex cop, but who else.
    Just wanna know.
    Thanks

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I've met a few in my day, does that count?:big_smile:

-Red

3. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Been there! ......Done that!

Patrolman........K-9 Handler..........Bomb Squad.

Larry

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    we have had several come and go, but forgot the names.

5. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thats a great question!
    Perhaps there will be enough of an answer here to discourage some of the bad and sometimes illegal behavior ive seen discussed.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Law enforcement people are underpaid in most cases, and should not be.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Law Enforcement is a very underpaid job like Jack said. I have a couple friends that are State Highway patrol officers. Every time they stop someone that have to wonder if they are gonna get shot approaching the vehicle. That would take years off your life for sure. Stress would be crazy.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    But that is in Dog Years, LMAO.

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Been there, done that, got the gold badge stored away somewhere. Still got the $$debts$$ from then and will carry more baggage the rest of my life than I want.

On the plus side, I will never run out of stories.

What I want to know is where did all those cops work that go around saying they worked in law enforcement their whole lives and never drew there weapon? Geez, I figured out one time that I averaged getting someone trying to kill me about once every 6 weeks. Yes, even with my old worn out memory, I remember every detail of every time it happened. Most were what you would expect, but 68 year old grandma with an old rusted up 38 poked in my chest and fired for no reason but that I stopped her after she blew through a stop sign????? Things like that and the 12 year old kid with an UZI, is what will drive you crazy and will get you killed because you don't see it coming.

10. snakecotc

snakecotc New Member

State:
    newark, ohio
    Im 4 months in to my career. Already seen more in 4 months than the prior 4 years. There are some special people out there for sure.

11. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I worked in a state prison for 11yrs. I was a cop on the inside. If I would've stayed there, I would've retire this year. Boy did I ever screw up.

12. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I'm , a jailcop . Suprise , thanks for all the support.
    Brian

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    In addition to being underpaid, many of our law-enforcement officers do not get treated with the respect that they deserve for performing an often thankless and dangerous job.

14. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Whoever and how many... I have always had the utmost respect for law enforcement. After I was discharged from the military, I wanted to test for my hometown police dept.They denied me because I hadn't been a resident for a period of time. I made application at the highway patrol and was denied because I had dentures. I was 27 years old at the time. Oh well, their loss...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    A man who throws dirt loses ground.

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    What?! You're kidding right?

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No sir, I'm not kidding... That was 1963/64.:crazy:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Dilbert's Words of Wisdom: You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

17. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Ok....For all of you that have posted here..I have the upmost respect for you and I think that all of you needed to be recognized. A big Applauds to all of you and a great big Pat on the back.

*Hugs* to you all :big_smile:

18. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    City for seven years, federal for ten years, also did Search and Rescue as a diver and while working for the federal was a county reserve riding by myself.

19. mjbarby

mjbarby New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    13 years in corrections, including e-teams, drill instructor in a doc bootcamp, and firearms instructor. in okla. corrections do not make bad money. but our cops (especially small town) are not paid squat. it is really a shame.

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    May I ask, just WHY you ask?