STATE TRACK!!!! WOOT WOOT

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River_monster91, May 21, 2008.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well ladies and gentlemen. our 3A school has 7 people going to state track this year and i just happen to be one of em. our 4x100 boys team is going. we came withing 3/10 of a second of breaking our school record. i almost made it in the 100 meter dash. the guy that got 1st place in the finals i had beat in the prelims. you had to get 4th or better in order to advance to state. our 4x100 team was 400ths of a second off of getting 2nd and regionals. it was a real close race between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. we were all within 2 foot of eachother. got state this friday in wichita. gonna be one awsome time and hopefully we will do great at state.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Good luck Donnie to you and your team..

I love track and field my youngest son was bretty good in the shot put and went to state 3 yrs.Place third his last yr.He went to a 2A school so i kind of root for the small town kids up against the big schools,

Again good luck and let the wind be at you back!! "Break a record"

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    congats and good luck bring a title back to barton county

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Run Forrest Run! LOL! Good luck to you and the team.:cool2:

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Good luck Donnie. :big_smile:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulations Donnie,We are All Proud of You and Your Teamates !!! Bring home the GOLD !! Good Luck from Iowa. J.D.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good luck to you Donnie. Bring it home.

8. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Congratulations brother! You'll never forget your state experience, good or not so good.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    goodluck to you donnie, that is an accompolishment! I ran track myself my junior and senior year. I hold the school record in the long jump, goodluck to you and the team....rollo

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Good luck Donnie to you & your classmates!!! When I ran track I ran the 1,2, & 3mile races, can't do that anymore!!!:smile2::smile2:

11. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well guys just got back. we went in ranked 7th in the state and came out 9th overall. that was with one really bad handoff. we were 200ths of a second from making finals. if we coulda used our preliminary time in the finals we would have had 4th place. guess ill have to wait till next year to bring home the title. thanks for everyones support.

12. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Congratulations on your experience, brother. There's a lot of kids that didn't make it as far as ya'll did! Keep your head up.

13. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    I ran a little track in my day and my words of advice are work hard and you'll be better than you thought you could be. Pretty much like most things in life execept you won't get a second chance.