State tops country in number of cars hitting deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by DANZIG, Oct 26, 2007.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    This will come as no surprise to anyone who drives here.
    Come on over and help us out!
    -----------------------------------------------

Thursday October 25, 2007
    State tops country in number of cars hitting deer

by George Hohmann
    Daily Mail business editor

The chances of a West Virginia vehicle colliding with a deer over the next 12 months are the highest in the nation - 1 in 57 - according to State Farm Insurance.

In contrast, it is estimated that the likelihood of being audited by the IRS is 1 in 150 and the likelihood of being struck by lightning is 1 in 280,000, the insurer said......
    http://www.dailymail.com/story/News/2007102560/State-tops-country-in-number-of-cars-hitting-deer/

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had a feeling that Virginia would be right up there. I read in the paper last year that in just one county outside Roanoke last November, there were 143 accidents with deer reported. 3 of them wound up killing the drivers. I've hit 7 myself since I've been here, and had several near misses.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana

billi, if you can run them over like that you dont even need to hunt.:crazy: i never have hit a deer (knock knock) been close a few times. i have tried once or twice but they are pretty agile.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hit four in one week!! I used to get off work at 2:30 AM and have to drive on all small country roads to get home, which was just below the Blue Ridge Parkway. On Wed. night, actually Thurs. morning, I came over a hill and there were six standing in the road 50 feet in front of me. Four got out of the way and I hit the other two. That Saturday, my wife and I were going to town about dusk. I saw two in someone's front yard. As soon as I saw them, they leaped off the bank right in front of me. I had just replaced one headlight and had to take off my grill from the first two, then the second two took out the other headlight and busted my radiator. A couple years ago I hit another one and didn't think it did any damage. I didn't know that it had broken the cooling line to my transmission. I had a Ford Aerostar with an automatic electronic 4x4 tranny. It cost me $2400 to fix it.

5. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Last year during rifle seasson, A buddy and me were on the way to go hunting and 3 does were running across a field towards the road. I stopped and they ran past, then a 4th deer ran into the side of my truck while I was stopped. At least it just added to the dent my wife put on the truck.
    Chip