State Record Channel

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by mhbomber, Jun 22, 2008.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    OK....I have looked at different websites that list the state record fish. I have seen North Carolina show up at 40 pounds and at 18 pounds. This is a huge difference. Whats the real story? I heard something about the 40 pounder being disqualified???

Thanks

2. jrod79

jrod79 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    it was thrownn out after a picture revealed it to be a flathead so 18 is correct

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    quite the difference between a channel cat and flathead!! :roll_eyes::wink: color, head shape, fin configuration. Not to offend anybody, but it sounds like someone needs a little schooling on fish identification!!:big_smile:

Mark..

4. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I can see confusing it with a Blue, but an ugly arse Flathead??

5. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Thats what i was thinking...

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like a very attainable record folks. I challenge one of you to break it this year.

7. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I'm trying to break it!! I have caught several this year at 15lbs but I'm stuck on 15#. I think I have the 15 # ache!! God I want that record!!:angry:

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yeah, it shouldn't be that difficult for someone to break once again. August 15th of last year, it was broken by crankbait77 (Wesley Trucks). That stands at 18.5 lbs; before that the record was held by bigblaze (John)....seems like the weight was 16.somethin'. I believe that was set in 2007 as well.

I know from reading here on the BOC that we have NC members who've caught larger channels. For a long time, no one realized the previous record had been disqualified.