STATE RECORD CATFISH ????

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Angler Ace, Mar 21, 2009.

DO YOU THINK YOU COULD BE A STATE RECORD HOLDER.

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    If you don't already have a STATE RECORD catfish to your name. DO you think you HAVE a chance to someday HOLD the STATE RECORD for a CATFISH from your STATE? Any Catfish, be it BLUE, CHANNEL or FLAT.

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I didn't think I would be able to or have the chance to. I know better now. With the information I've gained and the knowledge of you folks here at the B.O.C. I now believe I have what it takes to catch a record catfish. :smile2:

3. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    By the way, for the records, I voted NO. Not because I don't think I have the know how, but because OF where I fish.

4. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I voted yes. You should never doubt your fishing abilities. It's mostly luck and timing anyhow.

5. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I think I can, because of where I fish. You just have to spend time fishing with the right baits in the right spots.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Shoot, anybody can be the next state record holder. You just have to get out there and fish. I always have the confidence that my next cast could be the one. You just never know. I do know one thing for sure, you can't catch them sitting at home.:wink:

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    voted no because it would be so unlikely, but anything is possible.

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I said yes, since I fish the same river the current flathead record came from and like mama said...ya never know what your gonna get...:wink:

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I really dont fish for giant cats that often . When I do though it is possible to set a record . I would for sure like to have the records of all catfish in illinois set by b.o.c. members .

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sure, I said yes! Anybody is capable of being a new state record holder. You just have to be at the right place at the right time! Shoot..Our state record striper, was caught on a nightcrawler, using light tackle. The gentleman was fishing with his granddaughter and latched into this behemoth of a fish that weighed around 64 to 65 lbs., if my memory serves me. It qualified and set the new state record for striped bass. I believe this record will stand for many years to come because of the limited places in Nebraska to fish for stripers.

I'm willing to bet the new Channel Cat record will be broken pretty soon. So many places to fish for them and the size potential they can reach.

11. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I voted yes. Big fish are out there and i'd like to think I have as good as chance as anyone else if not better. Because of knowledge gained over the years. Always been a fisherman and have always tried to catch the biggest in any species.

12. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I think I can! You always have a punchers chance.

13. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I think I could hold a state record , I am just waiting for the fish to find me,lol,Im like everybody else I thought I had last year but before I landed it it chaulked me up to another sucker LOL :smile2:

14. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I suppose there's always a chance. Catching a state record here in Tennessee won't be easy. The record blue here is 112lbs, channel is 41lbs and the record flathead 85lb 15oz. Finding a fish like that will be difficult and getting the fish in after hooking it will be a challenge in itself. I doubt it'll be me that catches a new state record but it won't be from lack of trying.

15. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Heell yea! Every year they get bigger here. The question isn't hooking 1 it;s landing it.:smile2:

16. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Every time I fish I go for the big boy with hopes of a record fish. Can it happen ? I think it can, wont be easy but if conservation holds up its possible.

SC is the home of the world record Channel Cat at 58-LBS

Blue= 109
    Flat=79-4

The lake I fish ( Hartwell ) isn't as old as most SC lakes are but its got some giant fish in it. Hartwell does hold our state record Striper @ 59.8 and I also chase them.

-Jim-

17. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    When I got a huge bait on I like to think it's possible. Sometimes when I lose a decent fish it makes me wonder if it was the one.

18. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    The area I fish holds monster flats and are state record is 79# and Ive already landed a 50# and had a 65# at the boat. I think I have a very good chance.

19. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I voted yes based on the quality of fish in the places I normally fish. I've seen some monsters come out of the Cumberland.

20. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    yes i like so many other great cat men like shad guts rwilley patrick ect who fish the miss in memphis could at any time set the world record for a monster blue. and i beleive 1 day a boc member fishing in memphis will bring the title back home to the boc