State record Blue Catfish Video

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Jun 13, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
  2. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

wonder how much that fish will sell for

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Great catch how much you want to bet that pond of his will be fished all the time now LOL.

4. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    great clip my man do you really think a fish of that magnitude will make it in a pond out front of the guys house
    I doubt it

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I highly doubt the fish will make it very long...being that stresses out, and if it really is as old as they say, be snapped out of everything that fish has known, and dumped into some small pond....Sad but I think the fish is on his way out....:sad2:

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    one thing for sure if he does make it okay there aint gonna be nothing else in that little pond

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i think he will make it okay,l9ong as no idiots are messing with it and there is a nice supply of oxygen like a spring or something in the pond.

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Nice video! thanks for posting it.:cool2:

9. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah with no aerator or natural spring that fish is doomed. I went back and watched the video It looked like it swam away pretty good.:confused2:

10. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can see a aerator in the video. Hopefully he will make it!!

11. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    never make it that fish needs current and very deep water and there is not enough food source in that pond to keep him feed he will clean out everything in that pond .should have released it back into the river

12. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    hate to see them put in ponds like that, all i can say is i would have snapped pics and maybe tried to get to a boat ramp and keep her in the water to see if a dnr guy could come to me cause that fish wouldnt be leaving the river. that fish isnt going to get much bigger in a pond.

13. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Hope he's planning on keeping that pond stocked with plenty of bait fish

14. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    thanks for getting that, and posting for us to enjoy:wink:

15. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Thanks for the post. That's exciting to see a fish like that caught, although it's a real bummer it wasn't returned to the river.

16. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    The link wouldnt load for me..how big was this fish?

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    96lb blue

18. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I was going to do anything other than release it too the river. I would donate it to an aquarium like the guys who caught splash. That fish lived many years in the aquarium and really had it made. Didn't have to compete for food or worryu about boat props and the like. I am sure those guys will do right by the fish.

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    According to the guys interview, he contacted Bass Pro in the Cincinnati and in Missouri. Neither one would take the fish, after he realeased it in his pond, Bp in Cincinnati called him back and wanted it but it was too late. You would think it would not be to hard to catch the fish again in a 1 acre pond if they decided to come get it for their tank. It would have been neat to go check that fish out in person...Would have been even better if it was released back where it came from IMO..

20. catfish361

catfish361 New Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    I agree that fish should have been put back in the river. I dont think it will last long in that little pond.