State of The Air Report 2008

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by zeboman, May 2, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The state of the air report was released and Pittsburgh tops the list,this is one award we didn`t need. Check out where your city or county ranks on the list at http://www.stateoftheair.org/

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I GUESS WHAT'S FUNNY ABOUT THIS, IS THE GOVT. ALWAYS LETS THE BIG GUY GET AWAY WITH IT, AND THE LITTLE GUY GETS HUNG.I SEE WHERE THE E PA IS GIVING THE COAL BURNING PLANTS A NOTHER TWO YEARS TO GET THERE SCUBBERS IN LINE IN THE MEANTIME LETS KEEP MESSING UP THE AIR AND WATER . EVERY BODY NEEDS TO GET OUT AND VOTE, !!!!!!!!!:confused2::angry::sad2:

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I agree all should vote, but the surprising thing about this report is there are no steel mills left in Pittsburgh so how are we the sootiest city is what I want to know.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Interesting but high amount of pollen is the main pollution problem here.

High gas prices should help reduce pollution.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    The city of St louis got a big fat F

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Zeboman you guys are catching all the crap from WV's coalfired plants.Sorry bout that :confused2:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I tried to download the whole report, but evidently there are some issues with the security certificate? IDK, anyway.....

I live in western NC, Hickory. In the cleanest cities category, we are #25 on the "least polluted: Ozone" list; didn't make the cleanest cities in either the year-round nor short-term particle pollution categories. Fifty miles down the road is Charlotte; they're #13 on the "most polluted: Ozone" list :eek:oooh:.

I put in my zip code, and it asked for my county. That section said Catawba county's 24 hour particle pollution grade is D, and that the annual particle pollution grade is FAIL. We didn't make any of the most polluted lists though.....

These people definitely have a problem with their pin markers however. They're OFF by quite a ways, least as far as the southeast goes. :confused2:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad I live out West where the wind blows that crap away. Our main concern here is mold,cedar pollen ,grass pollen and tree pollen.