State Bound

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Feb 10, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Got a phone call on the way back from the boat show yesterday and was told that one of our grandsons is going to state wrestling compation. He wrestles for
    Troy High School (Trojans) at Troy Mo. He won 3 of his 4 matches yesterday so that made him eligible to go to State in Columbia,Mo. All toll there is 10 boys from Troy H.S. going.He is a small fellow though .He's only 17 and weighs in at 285.

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'd say he is a pretty good size lad for his age. Tell him congratulations from the ole Gordhawk on going to state! I have an 8 yr.old grandson that is just getting into wrestling and I have been going about every weekend this winter with him to wrestling tournaments somewhere. It is a good individual sport,that a boy of about any size can participate in against kids his own size. I suppose Grandpa will be making a trip to state to watch him wrestle. I know I will if my little fella ever makes it that far.

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Sounds like a little feller to me... LOL. Wish him good luck. Are you going down to watch him?

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tell him congrats for me ,John. going to State finals in sports is an awsum accomplishment.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    we'd like to make it over there just gonna depend on the time barrier.It goes on for 3 days ,so got to find out his schedule hopefully.

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats to your grandson for making it to that level. I'd hate to see what you consider a big fellow:crazy::smile2:! Have fun!

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah buddy congrats to the boy....Thats some good stuff.....Little lad huh...Shoo wee get that boy away from the growflakes....

8. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Why he aint big enough for catfish bait! LMAO Congrats to him we all here wish him luck!

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tell the young man that is a fine acomplishment. I wish him well and lots of luck!!:big_smile:

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    John, that is GREAT news! We wish him the very best of luck!

11. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Congratulations to the boy. Follow up with his results on this thread, will you?

12. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Congrats to your grandson. It so nice to hear good things about our teenagers, it goes to prove that there are a lot of good kids out there.
    Sharon

13. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    John, that is great news brother. Hope he does just as well at State.
    Wish him luck for us.
    Keep us posted to how it went. :big_smile:

14. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tell him good luck!!
    Don't know what our boys did yet, we were at a kids club wrestling tournament in Rolla saturday. Guess we'll hear something at practice this week.

Maybe your grandson needs to come give my 10yr old some pointers, he aint doin so well this year.:sad2:

Ya ever been to watch the state tournament? I took my older kids once.:crazy:
    My oldest never made it to state in HS, he went for kids club though.
    Man that is a wild event. The parents are MUCH worse with wrestling than they are with other sports!:smile2: Fun to watch them.:wink:

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Sheila probably just a bad year my 9 year old is having one also. Hes wrestling good but the heart just doesnt seem there. He wants to wrestle and likes doing it but the only way Ive seen him win is when I tell him to get mean and treat the other kid like its his brother LOL