Starve Hollow

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gargoil77, Jul 31, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Fished a tournament at Starve Hollow saturday. One team caught a 56lbs channel! I've got pics but haven't had time to post them yet. Park Ranger was there and said not to put it back in the lake because they don't stock them there.
    Catfish around here don't get that big in these small lakes. The girl that caught it said she was using chicken livers and had 14lb test on.

2. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    56 pound channel out of Starve Hollow!!!!!!:eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: Would that be some kind of record. I have not fished Starve Hollow since I was a kid. Sounds like it's about time to go back. Can you launch a bass boat from there?

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Someone mention something about a possible record. I took thir pic for them and I was suppose to meet them and the guy that worked at the park by the Starve Hollow sign, but by the time I got there they were already gone. They also said that they were going to take it to Bass Pro and donate it but someone else said that BP was getting rid of the catfish they have because it's eating the smaller fish in the tank. Don't know the truth to that.
    Starve Hollow is electric only. No gas. But you can still launch a bass boat there.

4. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks. Keep us posted on this. It sounds like a hell of a fish. I didn't think channel cats even got that big. I hope BPS does not get rid of the catfish. I would say that is about their biggest draw.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Here's the pics of the channel caught at Starve Hollow. I did not catch this fish. I just wanted my pic taken with it. It weighed 56.62lbs. I haven't checked records or anything but someone there mentioned that it could be one. I don't know. I don't pay attention to that stuff. I just throw in a line and let something bite.

Attached Files:

6. bobact

bobact New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hate to sound plumb ignert but if that is a channel in that pic, then why is it greenish/brown with a flat/not forked tail? Just curious.

Last count I had the state record for channel cats was 48lbs out of monroe.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sure looks like a flathead to me. But, what do I know??

8. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Dont meen to bust nobody's bubble but thats a flathead. No question about it. But it is a nice fish and yes they should have put that fish back unless they released it somewhere else. That would be ashamed to kill that ol boy. That fish has been around for a long time.

9. B Cat

B Cat New Member

State:
    So. Indiana
    Hi everyone, New to site. I was there at starve hollow Sat. that was one big flathead and yes the DNR would not let them return it to the lake. just my two cents they could a few more flatheads and few less mudcats

10. B Cat

B Cat New Member

State:
    So. Indiana
    Hi everyone, New to site. I was there at starve hollow Sat. that was one big flathead and yes the DNR would not let them return it to the lake.Said they did not want them in the lake.Just my two cents they could use a few more flatheads and few less mudcats! Hey sorry about double post Iam a NEWIBE I'll catch on

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am afraid I would of slipped and fell that ol Flattie back in the lake. hehehe

12. dg775577

dg775577 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hope they can find a home for it, be a shame to let a big fish like that die. I hope Bass Pro is not going to get rid of the catfish in the tank, everyone I know has enjoyed seeing them. I was at Starve Hollow a few weeks ago and plan on going there soon, looks like a nice place.

13. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree. Looks like a flathead to me. Still a nice fish. Why did they not want it back in the lake? If there is one then there are more in there unless someone just put it in one night. Still don't understand why they want it out of the lake.

14. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If the Co can't tell the difference between a channel and a flathead, He doesn't sound like he knows much about catfish. I hope they let it go somewhere for it to live and breed.
    I know of a farm pond that couldn't grow any descent fish. They drained it and found 3 big flatheads someone had put in with out the owners knowing. They removed them and started over.

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Hey Brian were you in the tournament? By the way, welcome to the BOC. Flathead, channel? What do i know. It's a catfish. :lol: Well I agree that Starve Hollow needs more of them big fish and less of them damn mudcats. I haven't a clue what they did with it.

16. B Cat

B Cat New Member

State:
    So. Indiana
    Hey Mark yes i was in the tournament we only had 3 small channels almost 4 lbs. must have caught 10 or more 8 in. mud cats, Hope the bite will get better for Elk Creek but you know how that lake is. One thing I bet we'll not see a 50lb + fish there.

17. B Cat

B Cat New Member

State:
    So. Indiana
    Hey i was just informed that 32 wlky had a story about the fish on the news at noon might be on the evening news.

18. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yeah, that looks to be more of a flathead, but hey, that's still one beast of a fish. Congrats to the girl that caught it.

19. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    nice fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    i wanna get me summa that!