The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been seeing some playing in the field. its way to soon for them to strut. my buddy counted 112 of them in one field. need to split that group up.

·
Banned
10,913 Posts
I've been seein quite a few birds. One group has a long beard and 6 jakes. I still ain't figured all that out and their relationship will probably change in the near future. I can't wait for spring.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
theres a big group around hear near the river thats about 200 or so, longbeards jakes hens you name it theyre in there. should be splittin up soon though, its gettin warmer!:big_smile::wink:

·
Banned
503 Posts
Them birds are all over. I don't see why the don't let us get more than two a year.

·
Registered
751 Posts
we can take 2 a yr here 1 spring ,1 fall .still got lil over a month left for the big opener .

·
Registered
606 Posts
here in ky we get to take 4 birds a year. Two toms in spring and either two hens or one hen and one jake ( less than 3 inch beard)in fall hunt. although we dont get much time with the shot-gun are archery is in for long time. Man I cant wait I'm a starting to get that winter fever deer is over and now just counting those days for deep fried bird.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here in Missouri we can kill two Toms in the spring. Two turkeys either sex with shotgun in the fall and two turkeys either sex with a bow in the fall. Its a pretty nice option

·
Registered
215 Posts
boys i am sick in tired of winter i cant stand it i am so ready to go turkey hunting and more then turkey hunting i want to go FISHING

·
Registered
328 Posts
It is almost time to go, been seeing a lot of birds in the fields and some have disappeared. Saw a few strutting the other day quess there getting ready also.

·
Registered
399 Posts
been seeing birds here but no strutters yet. no gobblin either. man i can not wait till it starts. i va we can take 3 birds a year spring or fall. one can be a hen in the fall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts