Starting the new year on the water?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Dec 30, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just curious if anyone is fishing on Thursday? I am taking my father in law out, and due to time constraints I am gonna have to fish in New Richmond:confused2::confused2::confused2:.....I guess some fishing is better than no fishing....:cool2:

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'm going but probably not till Friday..These will be land mark days, The 26th was the latest fishing trip I've made and Friday will be the earliest..

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    it all depends on the water conditions...but i hope so...i need to get on the water lol:wink:

4. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah, I think I'll be out walking the river (at least best I can anyway) being sick and all cooped up just isn't my style, so I'm going to head out there, but I doubt I'll be too adventurous cause I'll be by myself, but take a walk, hit some wintering holes, and try and figure out were I'm going to start fishing this coming year, I can't wait for spring or thick ice, just one of the two right now would be awesome.

5. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I think I am heading out on Thurs. I know a spot on a local river that is about 26 ft. deep. This is the biggest and deepest hole in a five mile section of the river. If I don't mark any fish in there then I don't know where they're at:confused2:

6. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good luck to you phil ,hope you ge onto a bunch of them..

7. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Thank's Willie, the winter catfishing is a whole new thing for me. Even if I don't catch anything it will be a learning experience and I can get out of the house for a while.

8. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    There is still supposed to be great current come Thursday but hopefully the trash isnt so thick by thursday. Went past the river yesterday on the way to morehead ky and holy cow!! It was freakin nasty!! im pretty sure it was nastier than when the river was up and ragin. Anyways hopefully we will be out there!!

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck to ya guys, I will be starting my new years off probably on the jon after all the pork, saurkraut and beer consumed during the football games!:smile2::wink::crazy: rollo

10. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    May try tomorrow....though probably a better chance I'll be out Friday.

11. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I will be taking my 10 year old son and 9 year old nephew out tomorrow. Hope to start the new year out right.

12. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Well I did'nt get to go out today because I had a problem getting bait so my trip will be pushed back to Sat. The temp looks a little warmer for then also. Did anyone else get out and have any luck?

13. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Went to a local lake, got skunked

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Went to the river and had to go to New Richmond due to time constraints and it was everything I knew it would be....CRAP!!!!!

15. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Could have been worse. It could have been a lake. I fished ,got skunked and all the way home, we talked about what we learned by not catching any fish. I'm thinking sometimes the trips you get skunked on force you to examine the way you are fishing more closely, so I'm tolerant of a few of those trips. Yell who am I kidding I'm used to them , I should be a fishing genius

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well, when you try a million different things, and nothing works, it makes you examine your hobby i can tell you that much!:smile2::eek:oooh: