Starting some mods....

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by harper81, Feb 28, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Well its raining here in lovely South Carolina so I decided to start some work on the boat. I made some PVC rod holders that I found the plans for in the member library. I mounted them on a 2x3 that I sprayed with white epoxy paint. And yes the tiller hits the rod holders, but i still get decent range and I can lift the tiller up a little and turn the full range.

Despite being told it was a bad idea, I took out the middle seat. I am putting a 30gal tub in the middle with 2x3's on each side to hold it and that will in turn replace the missing support of the seat. I need storage and this is a simple way of doing it. I don't believe there will be any problems, but if I do sink and survive it I will come on here and tell everyone they are right and I am wrong. I will post the final pics tomorrow after I put in the 2x3's.

Attached Files:

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sounds like a cool project! Looking forward to some pictures of the finished product!

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Nice job. Keep us posted on the updates.

4. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Here is the finished product. More to come, but that's it for this weekend. The big gray bin is general storage, the black box is the battery box and the little one is where my cast net is.

Next on the list is going to be rod storage. Still brainstorming on that.

Attached Files:

5. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    looking GOOD brother keep up the good work BIG thanx for the pic's:wink:

6. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    hay going to put LED lights in her for night fishing??

7. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    In the future. Not too concerned about night right now as I am not into freezing my buns off. But come April I'll start looking into lighting.

8. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    Iheard that fished fromm 8;00am till 3;00pm and still got a cold chill ,even got a little heater under my computor desk right now.!..the LED light idea is WAY cool i put 7 in my boat thy were cheap an easy.:wink::wink: