Well its raining here in lovely South Carolina so I decided to start some work on the boat. I made some PVC rod holders that I found the plans for in the member library. I mounted them on a 2x3 that I sprayed with white epoxy paint. And yes the tiller hits the rod holders, but i still get decent range and I can lift the tiller up a little and turn the full range. Despite being told it was a bad idea, I took out the middle seat. I am putting a 30gal tub in the middle with 2x3's on each side to hold it and that will in turn replace the missing support of the seat. I need storage and this is a simple way of doing it. I don't believe there will be any problems, but if I do sink and survive it I will come on here and tell everyone they are right and I am wrong. I will post the final pics tomorrow after I put in the 2x3's.