Starting Over

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by droptine77, Nov 9, 2007.

1. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Well folks I think its time to put the O'Dark 30 down for a while. With the engine trouble I have been having, the leak and today the left bunk fell off the trailer! Its way too much at one time. I guess its time to get back to basics and start back fishing from the bank or go deer hunting. The bad thing is I sold a former member of this site a perfetly good 90hp Evinrude for next to nothing. You know when I was thinking about selling it I thought maybe I shouldn't becouse not everyone has a backup motor. Who knew?

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Greg, sorry to here about the boat troubles. Maybe you can fix it a little at a time as you can afford to and hunt and bank fish till you get her back up and water ready.

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Greg, sometimes life can can blindside us when we are least expecting it :crazy: While things may be kinda crappie right now, you'll prolly be ok before too long. Hang in there!!

4. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    sorry to hear about your boat troubles,give me a call you can go with team smackdown any time.

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hang in there Greg. Things have a way of working out. Sometimes it costs a little more than we want before it works out but it will work out nonetheless.

It already looks like you got a real nice offer from Team Smackdown. See what I mean?

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    sorry to hear of your troubles greg,you will be back on the water before ya know it,i'm sure you want be without anyone to go with around here,you cant go wrong with team smackdown,thats for sure,and you may can catch on with me at monty or wateree or wylie sometime if ya like,heck you might be able to get that motor back from you know who for a case of amber of his liking:crazy:,you never know,seriously though good luck getting back together,i know you are down there near lake x and busting to go get em:wink:

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Greg, Just like Bruce said man. Anytime brother!:wink: Your more than welcome to go.

8. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks man. I spoke with Bruce earlier and had to turn down A dream trip with TeamSmackDown Becouse the truck has a busted Radiator hose. I wish there was a 24hr Advance Auto I'd be at Bruces front door bright and early. There will be another time.

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Chris you can always bank fish with me. I've got the whole weekend and nobody to fish with. The offer is there...... and for anyone else that wants to get out. I'm taking advantage of the family free weekend.

-Jim-

10. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    In keeping with Wylicat," sounds better in a Mad Scientists voice!"

Its ALIVE! ITS ALIVE. The O'DARK 30 lives again! And all at the cost of $0. All it took was a trip to the library to check out the Clymer manuel on my engine. I did a simple Link and Sync and took it to the ramp and she just pured like a kitten. The wierdos I bought it from had it all out of wak. It hasn't ran right since I bought it. I hope this was all it was. I have been putting it off because of Christmas and those manuels are exspensive. Who knew! Now its on like DONKEY KONG!

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Gregg that is great news. Glad to hear you will be back on the water even though you seemed to do pretty good fom the tailgate.LOL

12. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    If I could get that lucky every now and then from the bank I would sell it!

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Man reading this one put me thru some paces,I bank even though I have a boat but it has alot to do with familey/friends bombfiring on the bank and me coming in to live it up with them.My boat goes down and life is gonna be tough.My meathead nephew and I argue all the time wich is better ????????boat/noboat and He complains alot about his spot taken..... Not I !!!!!!!!!!!:wink:I catch more fish to but thats a youngster fer you always trying to beat the mentor.:cool2: Glad to hear you have it back you was makin me sic:big_smile:

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    All that agony and potential ulcers because you didn't have a manual. Maybe you think they are worth the price now. That link and sync is like automotive timing... very, very important. I imagine that is a good 75% to 80% of outboard problems - no manual I mean. At least you had the library to fall back on... I'm happy to hear your back on the water.

15. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good job on the fix, Greg. Now let's hear some boating reports. :big_smile:

16. garrick

garrick New Member

State:
    SC
    Well hot dog!

So once you got the boat out there, what did you catch?

17. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Two small channels.:smile2: