Starting Over, LOZ Laurie, MO.???

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SkipEye, Sep 24, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ok folks, again I don't know what I am talking about. Still not clear on how the lake mm's are setup.

I referred to Bagnell Dam when I probably meant Truman Dam at Warsaw.

Anyway, as I said, my uncle has a house near Laurie, on LOZ, at the 38 1/2 mm.

So to keep it short can a guy do any good for Catfish there?:tounge_out:

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Darryl I am located at the 58 MM. This time of the year the boats start thinning out so yes you should start having some pretty fair luck on cats. As a matter of fact I prefer fishing fall through spring on this lake because there is less boat traffic.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    The lake mm's start at Bagnell dam. Meaning mm 1 at Bagnell dam. It then snakes up river 92 miles all the way to Warsaw where Truman dam is located that's mm 92.
    So you will be 38.5 miles up river from Bagnell dam and 53.5 miles down river from Truman dam if I done the math right.

Drift fishing is good in most areas of the lake, you just have to find the depth there holding at and drift areas with that depth. Probably 30 feet or so and under depending on the time of year. Fresh shad will be your best bet.
    If on a week end you will want to avoid the big pleasure boats and find a good cove to drift, but as Ken said with it past labor day many of the pleasure boats are done for the season.

4. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks Troy, I now have a better understanding. Just takes some of us a while.

Doubt I'll even make it there this year as I am heading out of town soon.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    If you can make it by Warsaw on your way Darryl let me know and well do some drifting on LOZ or Truman.

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    On a tight travel route with Uncle Sam footing the bill. No time to fish enroute because I don't know when to quit fishing.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you like to crappie fish in the spring there are several good coves around the 45 - 49mm. If we get a good warm spell usually the last weekend in March and the first 2 weekends in April are prime. Last year we fished around the 72mm the last weekend in March and just killed them.