Starting College.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kbgrillin, Aug 29, 2009.

1. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, my oldest son is starting college. I can't believe it. Well, yes I can. He gets his smarts from me. Yea right. lol. I am so proud of him. I have spent many nights praying that he would go to college. He is going to major in Psycology. I can't even spell it. But anyways, he is so excited about it.

My youngest just moved out on his own last weekend also. I went from having both my boys to being by myself. Well, not totally. I have Carla. She is my soon to be...

But I am so proud of both of my boys. (young men). They are super.

2. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Congratulations on doing such a good job with your boys. I hope to have the same luck with mine.

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    An empty nest takes some getting used to but you find comfort in knowing that you've raised responsible young men. Congrats and enjoy the peace and quiet while you can---it's only temporary. Stay safe and enjoy the fishing!!!:wink:

4. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I noticed that my dad got a lot smarter after I had been out on my own for awhile.

My girls noticed the same thing about me.

When it happens to you, enjoy the moment.

5. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know exactly what you mean brother.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on raise a great family. Your priority's are right on!

7. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Yea it's definitly a great feeling to know you were able to provide this for your children. With my oldest already out of college and a 2nd grade teacher.And my youngest a Junior at the University of Louisville, I know exactly how you feel. Enjoy these times as they are worth every penny you put into them.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Kelly, congratulations on a job well done. You have a right to be proud.

One of our two daughters has a college education. Today because of that she has a good job with the state of Texas.
    I wasn't a good role model since I dropped out of school at 16.