Starting a 4x4/ truck section on the BOC

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by south_va_fisherman, Jan 8, 2007.

1. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I dont know how many other people would be interested in this, but I think we should have a section of the BOC for discussing 4x4 trucks. Just a small section, I see we have an ATV area. Maybe have a truck section? A place to discuss 4 wheeling in your truck with other people would be nice. Anyone else like this idea? Thanks

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I think thats a great idea brother:wink:

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I think it would be appropriate. I'm a jeep man since I owned a late 70's CJ7 Renegade Quadratrac. After several years without one, I bought a 2000 Cherokee Sport that I will not part with. My dream is to restore a willys. I can buy a 1948 truck in very good condition right now for $3000 but I can't afford it. Since the owner is not trying to sell it, maybe I can fit it in my budget before too long.

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'm with you on that. If we can talk about boats and ATV's why not the machine that pulls um

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    sounds good to me use to have an old mud truck my self but the cost got to much an they stoped us from using all of are old mud holes its to the point that you have to run the mud bogs or stay at home or go to jail

6. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Great idea man... behind u 110% id love to discuss 4X4'n.. got a 1976 jeep J10 right now im trying to sell.. look at Member Sale(s) to see pics of it and details.. these truck sell in TruckTrader every so often (when able to be found) for over 6,500.00... and mine has VERY VERY little rust... Mainly in bed.. a few spots.. Plz everyone take a look that hasnt...

7. south_va_fisherman

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    hey bill: i know what you mean about finding a place to do it. its not easy. the county i live in(isle of wight) has big area of land designated to muddin, not the best but its still a place to do it. im not really sure who owns it. but its a great place to go with your buddies are get your trucks dirty.

what kind of rig did you drive?

8. south_va_fisherman

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    im loving that camo paint on there. looks and sounds like it will sell real quick. good luck with it

9. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    it should sell pretty quit.. due to i done a search around ohio well any 1976 jeep j10 w/in 300 miles of ohio.. and NONE.. they are hard to find..

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Have my second willys now. 1948 CJ2. Parts are easy to find and a lot of willys clubs out there.

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Y'all have been heard!:eek:oooh: :wink: :big_smile:

12. k5camaro

k5camaro New Member

State:
    texas
    I really think the 4x4 section is a great idea. not to be confused with the main reason of the boc.But if a fellow member needs a little knowledge on his old beater it is nice to know where to get help.