starter kayaks

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by bigfatcat, Dec 24, 2007.

1. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    i do alot of saltwater fishing off beaches and looking into kayak fishing to fish inlets and close to shore in the ocean. anyway i am looking for a decent starter kayak for around 500 -600 dollars. so any suggestions will help,

thanks,
    bigfatcat

2. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Been down this road a dozen times before.. Search "Kayak" and "Kayak fishing" on the internet. Go to a local kayak dealer and test paddle several yaks. Do your home work, you will find the one you want !!!
    Welcome to the kayak forum !!!

3. gbigskin

gbigskin New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    you can turn most any yak into what is refered to as a 'fishing' yak by adding some rod holders, bungees, anchor, etc. i spent 229.00 for one and for the price of a rod holder and a little rubber cord i already had i had the 400.00 'fishing' model by the same mfg. only differance is mine is blue and white and the other is solid green. hope you will get to fish the ships at kiptopeke state park. i just returned from a 2 week fishing trip there and one night when we returned to the boat ramp we saw two 50 inch rock fish taken by yaks fishing next to the ships with live eels. hope you enjoy your yak as much as i do mine.