started my season off right

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by adam1886, Jan 2, 2010.

1. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    well when we got to the field this morning it was a little chilly at -7. we had quite a few land in the decoys and i ended up killing the first one and my first for the year. it ended up being banded. my first band in 6 years of waterfowl hunting. i was pretty excited

Attached Files:

2. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    That was a good way to start off the year. One of these days get your dad and come down and we can go fishing.:big_smile:

3. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    WTG. I haven't waterfowl hunted much put it is something to see having them land in the decoys. Be sure to call in the band. Congrats.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Way to go Adam. Glad to see you finially get on with a band. Now time to start fishing:wink::smile2:. Hope you guys have another good hunt in the morning. This boy is a hard core hunter. Now get some of that goose jerky made. If you guys havent tried goose jerky it will put deer jerky to shame in my opinon.

Tom

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Send me the # off your tag Adam. I like to look up the info.

6. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    the number is 1048-26505. i called it in but they said it would be 2-4 weeks before i got the papers. is there somewhere else i can find out the info sooner?

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats Adam, at -7 you earned it.:big_smile:

8. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    WTG Adam, I remember the day that we did the same:eek:oooh: that was a LONG TIME AGO:smile2: Like John said in a post awhile back"I ain't that mad at em any more":smile2:

9. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'll check my sources Monday Adam.

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats!!! Got to love geese that like to wear jewelry.:wink:

11. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    thanks guys. we killed another band today in the same field. not to often that happens

12. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    We check for bands and band the juvies once a year at Smithville and Harrisonville lake. Usuall do about 800 geese a year at Smithville.

13. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    im guessing this one was banded in iowa in september. my buddy killed one a couple weeks ago about 12 miles from where i killed mine and they were only 27 numbers off from each other, so i think they were banded in the same group.

14. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri

Thats awesome...feel lucky. I have waterfowl hunted for 12 years now and have never killed a banded duck or goose. I have seen a few die with bands, but I have never been lucky enough to kill one myself.

15. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Gotta love the bling bling!

16. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Heck yea WTG man!!!! Blue Jay took me with him to trap those little guys and band them last year, it was bad azz. Didn't you say we traped over 1000 birds last year. All i know is out of all of them only 3 had a money band. Blue jay did manage to get the coolest goose i ever seen though. Here is a pic. Check out the head! Also I got my first banded pelican w/ scott and cop chris this year. Wtg adam I want to go with you somtime, never been before!!

Attached Files:

17. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    ill warn you, its very addicting. i went once and havent been able to quit. goose season ends next week so we'll have to give it a shot next year. oh by the way, my goose was tagged in northen iowa last june

18. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    The counts usually 800 to 1000 each year at Smithville. We pushed 1000 on that trip Morris. You waqnt to go again this year? LOL
    Glad you got the info Adam. Guess my source was asleep at the wheel!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  19. benwebber

benwebber New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    dam bluejay i wanna go haha!

20. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I;ll give ya a holler Ben. Been doing it for about 5 yrs now and still enjoy it. A good way to get to know some of the agents also. Usually meet some of the fish shockers also and they tell ya where they got what with pics. Ain't that right Morris? LOL