Start of the season

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by Mi11er, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Opening day today for dove in Missouri. Had a really good hunt, shot some birds and got outside for a while. How did everybody else do today? If your season has not opened yet, good luck when it does. Well, I have dove breasts to wrap in bacon and put on the grill:wink::smile2::smile2:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll let yall know later this evening ,I generally hunt waterholes in the late afternoon.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    drew a big goose egg,first time ever ,been hunting dove over 30 years . the birds just werent there, the cold front may have pushed em out .

4. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yessir!! Them dove were all over me today!! Well i was all over them, got my limit (15), and was very excited to get the season off to a good start, so was my dog!! lol...well everyone has their days! good luck on the next trip!:cool2:

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Took my 12 year old son. He finished his hunter safety course last Wednesday. We hunted at a friend's place 3 hours yesterday. This was his first dove hunt. He shot five and dad got nine. Our old lab Rusty picked them all up. Didn't lose a single bird and some fell quite a ways off in thick stuff. I can't wait to get him down to Paraguay for the season when he gets out of school this year.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My son's first dove. It took awhile to get him off computer games, (huge sigh of relief) and now he is rabid for hunting, fishing, dogs, driving my truck and gals. I can't wait to get him down to Paraguay this summer to my hunting lodge. He has never been. He will hone his Spanish, shooting, and driving skills.

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Rob and Rusty. The are inseparable.

Attached Files:

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    There is nothing like the bond between a dog and a boy. Glad you guys had a great hunt.

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    went out to one of my old bosses' place. 5 of us killed a little over 60 birds. it was the first opening day in 5 years that i limited out. we shot in the morning and the evening, and shot prairie dogs and jackrabbits in the heat of the day. sunup to sundown after a 12 hour shift, :smile2:. i wasn't worth a crap when i got home, but it sure was fun!
    didn't take pics of the birds because it was so hot, i had to breast them out and put them in the cooler as they got killed. i did find a rattler behind the bosse's house, and when i skinned it, it had 12 babies in it. i'll put some pics below. normally i just let them go on their merry way when we are way away from where people live, but this would be thirteen in his backyard where the grandkids play. going out again this evening so i don't irritate this sunburn any more!
    the guy in the orange shirt is one of my buddies i introduced to hunting yesterday. he shot his limit too, and he's hooked now.

Attached Files:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wow ,Jordan ,thats a huge prarie rattler ,they dont normally get that big ,if they do they have lived a very sheltered life :roll_eyes:,thanks for the pics and turning a new hunter on to the sport.

11. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Dove season started pretty good this year. My friend and I took quick limits(10) sat. and sun. morning. Good numbers of birds this year here in AZ. Also had a nice mix of mourning and white-wing dove plus a few eurasian-collared dove. AZGFD made it open season on collared dove. No bag limit and open all year. I'll be taking advantage of that :big_smile:
    Good luck everyone.

12. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    openein weekend here in kansas i got 12 but lost about 5 or 6...need to get me one of them there fancy bird dogs