Stark County Catfishers?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by crazy cathunter, Oct 22, 2007.

1. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I love fishing the Tuscarawas River and dont care for the lakes in Stark County because of all the fishing pressure. I would like to get with someone who wants a fishing partner in or close to East Canton. I have been fishing cats for over 30 years and i like to fish till sunrise. Some of my best have come after 3:00 in the morning after a night of no bites! I only bank fish and have no problems showing you my hog holes. I am looking for someone to do tournaments with and fishing for personal best. I practice C.P.R. over ten pounds and did so before it got popular. Big fish breed big fish! put them back! So with that said if anyone is interested lets start now while the fishin is tough so we are better at it when its good! If it has scales its bait! GOOD CATTIN TO ALL! B.O.C. FOREVER!

2. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm in Gnaden in Tusc county. We'll have to get together sometime!

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Rick,
    If you like catfishing and tournaments, then you have found the right place. There is a bankfishing tournament tonight (10/27) out of New Philadelphia. I also am running one on Nov. 3rd at Tappan Lake (all-nighter). If you want to attend, or just get together and fish, give me a call at (330) 874-4455. I just moved to East Sparta after a summer on the Ohio River. I need to find some good spots on the Tusc. River

4. crazy cathunter

State:
    ohio
    Guys I am so happy you guys want to fish with me. And if any time was needed its now.I hit the tuscy tonight, fishin by myself, I could only manage to seine up 5 chubs,so i stopped at wally world and picked up some gutted talapia for cut bait. It rained on me from 7:00 till 9:00 . at 9:30 i got a hit ,a small 2 pounder. I landed and released it .at 10:45 my stick headed for the water! I set the hook and it took off toward the middle of the River. I know my pole ,I could tell it was heavy! After 10:00 minutes it was 6 feet from the bank splashing water.I thought this is my years best! It made one more run and i pulled it back. when my lights hit it i found out it was the biggest softshell turtle i have ever seen!

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Great to see more locals close by!!

:big_smile:

Gooood Hunting

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It always amazes me how much those softshells can feel like fish:angry: I haven't had much problems with them lately thank god. I ended up catchign my personal best channel for 07 Sat night. But only caught 2 fish total within a couple minutes of each other. With the water dropping back down so quick, we missed some really good fishing. I am hoping we get some more high water before it is too late this year. It is prime time to land some big channels:cool2:

7. crazy cathunter

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for responding guys! I want to get some Stark and vicinity counties people together for the spring season cattin! I want to get a better area to fish in and some guys that love to fish cats. I want to start fishin some tourneys and start a more localized group of people to fish with. I dont have a boat, so i can only bank fish right now. I know that alot of guys dont have boats. Then i see these guys fishin the ohio and haulin in great catches of blues and flatty's. Well i cant afford to drive,or have the time to drive to the Ohio River and i know i am not the only one! Now listen guys, I am not saying that you have a boat your my enemy! Hell if i had a boat i would be right there with ya! But there is quite a few guys that have to fish bank and we all have done it and we all know its tough! Thats all i am trying to say. What i want to do is get the bank fishers together and guys in stark county and area ,so we can fish together, and have a chance at some of these tourneys and maybe make dent in some of this prize money thats out there! LOL And if theres any guys with boats that want to get back to the basics of bankin it, by all means help your brothers out! COLD WEATHER IS TOUGH,LETS KEEP FISHIN!