Starburst fruit chews!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by whisker maniac, Apr 28, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I heard something today that astounded me. A guy was tellin my daughter that he went fishing with his grand father and his grandfather was catching catfish and he wasn't catcing nothing. Later he noticed that his grandfather was eating starburst fruit chews but he was eating one and then putting one on his hook and catching catfish with them.

Has anyone else ever heard of this???

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    This doesn't suprise me. I've heard of a gentlemen catching catfish on those peach flavored rings. Just goes to show you, catfish have a sweet tooth too.:wink:

Mark..

3. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    No I never heard of it but I have to try it now lol:big_smile:

4. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Maybe I can catch a catfish as big as one of my kids with these. They sure work on my children! Put the Starburst out and they come runnin'...:big_smile:

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i was just tellin the story at osage to the guys at the gathering about starburst. my brother Lucky's ex used starburst once and we laughed about it. after she caught fish with it we laughed even harder i tell ya. i dont know what flavors work the best though

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    why not anything is possible with cats rick

7. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    buddy mine got skunked one day yet right beside him old timer catchin them all on potato bread

8. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I catch catfish on Strawberry infused maize (carp bait) all the time, so catfish definitely like the fruity flavors from time to time.

Perhaps they just got done eating a smelly shad and needed something sweet for dessert :)