Star Membership

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    You folks that are not star members are missing out on some nice prizes in the giveaway section. When you become a donor, you do 2 things. The first, and most important, is that you help support, and make self-sufficient, the best catfish site on the world wide web. the second is you become eligible to enter to win some nice prizes that the BOC is giving away. someone is going to win them, and it might as well be you. whole lot better chance here than the lottery:) .

so come on, vets and newbies - get off that little ten dollar bill and support the BOC!:thumbsup:

2. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    All the information u can find on the BOC is well worth ten dollars, without the donors and sponsors this site wouldn't be here. So help support the BOC if you can.....

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll second that. I just won an Abu Garcia 6600SS C3 Reel from a Star Mbr giveaway.

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Ten dollars is cheap to keep this much information available at your fingertips!

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Well said guys!
    Just the info. you can obtain from here and fishing partners you can meet on here are priceless. Let alone the great prize givaways for star members.

6. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Making a donation to group like this is awesome. Some message boards charge a fee to be a member, Paul doesn't. It takes a special person to set all this up for all of us to enjoy, it's the least we can do to donate a few bucks.

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    If you are on here as much as I am then why not send in some money it's worth every penney. I dont know the cost to run a site like this but I'm sure it is expensive. This is the best catfishing site on the net!

8. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Thanks to all the brotherhood!

I've gained extensive knowledge of the ways of the catfishies:rolleyes: , plus endless how-to's, what-for's and why-not's; should-have's, could-have's and would-have's; many, many if-so's, please tell's and plenty of laughs for everyone.

I finally donated and I feel Great about it. I'll soon been sporting my new shirt and hat with Pride.

Keep up the GREAT site - Everyone....

Lucas

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    But you know what I just did instead?

I just pumped my third Paypal donation of 20 bucks into the BOC's coffer. Just a minute ago. I dont want any hat or shirt or sticker, I want the BOC to be here in 20 years and so without making them go through any expense of making a shirt or hat for me or shipping anything, I DONATED TO THE BOC.

I sure encourage you to do the same. You dont have to, but it sure is nice to know that in exchange for all of the good quality information, great comeraderie, and fantastic minds that you have around here to tap into at the click of a mouse, your donation is taking some of the financial burdens from Paul- the head honcho round these parts.

Give give give give give give give Give give give give give give give
    Give give give give give give give Give give give give give give give.

Im not saying it cause there is anything in it for me. If I wanted something in return I would have bought it from the BOC store. Im saying this cause thats how I feel. I feel they should not shoulder the financial burden all on their own, so I donated 2 hours of my week this paycheck to help defer the costs. If everyone gave 2 hours worth of pay to the BOC per year, maybe this site could get a whole lot better.

So consider it.

Sincerely,
    Sal Palombo Jr.
    member since June 6th 2004

10. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    This is a great site. Don't you agree? How would you feel if this site was not here. OK how would you feel if this site was not here and it was all because YOU did not donate at least $10! Yea I can hear the responses already . . . my small donation could never matter . . . there are plenty of others that will donate . . . I'll give next month . . .

Well let me tell you that if everyone said and did these things the BOC would not be here. Everyone of you out there are important to the BOC.

The BOC is more than just an internet site. It is a place of true friendship. A place you can hop to and call home. Friends meet here. We exchange information and great stories. We bond. We are a true brotherhood.

Feel the love and help it survive!

Please donate.

The proceeding message was not directly sponsored by the BOC, because it is my truest of feelings, but it was made possible by all of Brothers!

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    while on the subject - why isn't there a donor link pinned to the top? :cursing: i want to give again(sal is making me feel bad):blink: and i forgot where to go:blush-big

12. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Thanks for this info guys. I've always been wondering what the star membership was. I'll most likely donate my 10 dollars to this. It's sounds like it's well worth it when you have the chance to win great prizes from a great site.

13. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    How is this different from any other day? :p

And dont worry bro... Ill always be happy to tell ya where to go. :rolleyes:

http://www.catfish1.com/donate.htm

Just look to the vertical banner on the right, where it says in bold print, "BOC STAR DONATION PAGE" in bright blue. LOL It is the first one!!!!!!!!

14. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey!!!!
    Just Remember, as a Star Member you get access to quality, digital video clips to see the latest Techniques and huge fish caught by our fellow Brothers. Well worth the donation and then some.
    So like they say.
    "GET THE FISH HOOKS OUT OF YOUR POCKETS AND MAKE A DONATION"
    you can't go wrong.
    thanks
    Larry

15. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Phil, look to the right just a bit at the top of the sponsor banners. Do you see something there that says "BOC Donation Page"? LOL Right under where it says "Video"? LOL Good thing it wasn't a snake!! LOL

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok, i am a little embarrassed here, i must admit:0a13:
    i was looking at the header, not where the ads are.
    i buy from our sponsors from time to time, but i have programmed myself not to read ads. putting it where the ads are made it invisible to me:blink:

donation sent - maybe i can catch sal before the year is out:)

17. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI

Phil.... brother, this really isnt a race. We all work together in harmony and cooperation to make this place wonderful.... and I mean that.... And I ought to know because Im winning.
    ROTFL

I really wish when writing that I could alter comedic delivery timing cause that one really cracked me up the way I said it... ya just cant capture that sort of comedy in a paragraph form.:)

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you did a good job with it sal - i thought it was funny also:D

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    come on boys and girls! 2 or 3 weeks left on some great giveaways. donate that ten spot and become a supporting member of the best site on the net!:)

20. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    Point out the link or tell me how to navigate to it, and I will become a star member.