Star member?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    just sitting here thinking about teays thread on stars..(http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44854)...

i want to commend him personally for that giving spirit...also made me think about something else that has come up in the past.

there are those that enjoy this site that are stretching a dollar to make ends meet, and those that, perhaps, could give but haven't done so yet.

the star status allows us to see things that non-star memebers don't have access to...perhaps if those that can give but haven't, saw that then they would be persuaded to be donors too.

the monies given all go to the same good cause, so, when you get right down to it, it doesn't matter who gets credit for the donation.

i am still an advocate of donating a star in anothers name....it just HAS to be beneficial to the BOC in the long run.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks Phil!!! If it wasn't for people like you,I'd still be starless. I'd like to Thank the person again that generously donated to put a star in my name! It was truly appreciated and I Thank that person from the bottom of my Heart!!! I've been going through some rough times-as you probably have already read and haven't had an extra dime forever. I've tried to do my part with helping people out and sharing my ideas and some day I may be able to help someone out with a star.
    Thank You Phil for posting this!

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you said it, John. i come here for advice and tips that help make me a better fisherman...i have benefitted from advice and camaraderie in many forums on here. i have received info that cannot be translated into dollar amounts.

i am confident there are folks here that have been unable to contribute financially that have contributed in ways that have enrichened this board beyond monetary calculcations.....and i know you to be one of them.

thanks to all of the good people that make up the BOC!

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Phil you still got it bro. I would rep you but it said I have to spread the love.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks Phil, appreciate the kind words. Without the BOC where else could we pick on each other? :big_smile: