Stanely Draper Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Stick269, May 22, 2008.

1. Stick269

Stick269 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Anyone have any info on this lake for fishing spots?

Thanks,

2. CWGIBSON

CWGIBSON New Member

State:
    okla
    Draper is a funny lake. Some years ago it had major low water problems. The water became very turbid. The turbity is continued by the inflow from the Aquafer. These two problems have caused a lack of bait fish and low plant growth around the shore lines. But there are fish in there. I once saw two guys fishing off the flats on the east side. They would walk about 200 ft out and cast out from there with shad heads. They were doing well 5 to 7lbers. One last thing is that the ODOW and OKC are not doing any thing out there.

3. Stick269

Stick269 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Well I know OKC is, my uncle sits on the OKC council. They stock it and think I've got him talked into fish attractors for it now.

4. CWGIBSON

CWGIBSON New Member

State:
    okla
    That is good about 3 years ago when I was an intern at the HB Parsons Hatchery they they were doing zero to help that lake.

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Chris - Nothing has changed. I have never heard Bob M speak about work being done on draper.

catman george

6. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    :crazy: There's fish in Draper???????????? :crazy:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I saw some in Draper on my depthfinder once but it must have been on the fritz. Never could even get a bite.:confused2:

8. CWGIBSON

CWGIBSON New Member

State:
    okla
    Furthermore, the water craft users do not respect the rules about no wakes in the coves, so it can be hard to keep a tight line in the day time, and I will not go out there at night anymore.

9. Stick269

Stick269 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Night time is the best time to go...usually do pretty good at the spillway for cats. Crappie have been hitting off of points 19 & 23 on jigs and minnows.

10. dennis.p

dennis.p Guest

I don't know very many people that fish lake Draper. I think I read somewhere that in the early '70's it had really clear water and was once a stop on the BASS masters tour. Tinker is probably dumping jet fuel in there along with who knows what else. I don't think the City does much for any of the lakes they own, as far as fishing goes, all I ever hear about is stocking saugeye, as if that is somekind of magic fish that will fix everthing. The best OKC lake that I know of is Mcgee Creek in southern okla.

11. Stick269

Stick269 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I've always had decent luck out there. Guys on the crappie boards have been killing them out there.