stabilizers for the boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by boombalaty, May 30, 2009.

1. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am starting to build some stabilizers for the boat today. I want to keep them as light as possible so instead of pvc i am going to try to use 2-liter bottles and aluminum tubing. I think im gonna end up pushing this boat around by myself most of the time. Is there anyone on here near gardner that can weld aluminum? If not ill find a welding shop, I think there is one off of Dennis ave in Olathe. Ill get some pics up this after noon.

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    What size is your boat? Are you making them detachable, adjustable, or fixed position. My cousin can weld aluminum. We live about one hour 15 min north of you. I can find out what he'd charge or if he'd even do it at all if your interested. Just PM me.

3. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It is a 12 foot jon boat. The issue with it is it is only 31 inches wide at the bottom so its a little scary when you are trying to bring a fish in. I would like to make them removable as well as adjustable. My camera is being stupid or I would have some pics. Basically I took 3 2 liters and cut top and bottom off of one and slit it down the center. I glued the bottoms of the other 2 together and wrapped the third around the joint.

4. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I used pvc cement to glue it all and now i am thinking silicone would have been better for the expanding and contracting. Its an expirament I guess and 2 liters are cheap so I may just do another set with silicone.