stabbing at the GMR.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by cali2ohio, May 21, 2009.

1. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    did anyone else see this on the news yesterday morning. i guess two fishing buddies got a bit drunk and got in an argument and one stabbed the other..wow. i dont think i would call them to good of buddies. it happened at M.H.A.A. ( monfort heights athletic association). Does anyone fish that part of the river? i live right up the road from there.

2. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish the GMR all the time, not sure where exactly this is but I fish the stretch from where the Whitewater river dumps in to the GMR down to where the GMR dumps in to the Ohio. I was there yesterday.

3. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Trying to think of what would be the best defense for the charges of stabbing your fishing buddy.

10.... I was aiming for the fish
    9..... He didn't believe my fish story
    8..... He hit me with a piece of chicken liver when he was casting.
    7..... He kept telling me "you have a bite" when I didn't
    6..... He kept saying "Argh matey" every time I tried to talk to him
    5..... He kept throwing rocks into the water and whistling showtunes which was scaring off all the fish.
    4..... He was catchin' 'em left and right and I wasn't catching anything!
    3..... He used up all my bait
    2..... He stepped on my pole.
    1..... He crossed my line!

4. autogyroenthusiast

autogyroenthusiast New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've fished up there (MHAA) a few times and had good luck on channels. Always end up carrying a full garbage bag full of trash out because it's quite the party spot on that little beach area. Also caught some small flats (my first 3) on cut bait but haven't targeted them with live bait yet. I've always had reservations about fishing the river alone at night and this will keep me from going back alone, so Cali2ohio, you want to get together sometime? Strength in numbers. I usually go weeknights to avoid the heavy partying. I live off the North Bend Road exit, so I like that area since it's close and I can save on gas. PM me if interested. I have a 36 year history of not stabbing anyone (I'm 36) :wink:

5. RiverFever

RiverFever New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ive fished M.H.A.A. quite a few times at night and yes its a party spot for alot of the local kids also.Hamilton county sheriffs park down there at night also alot but have never seen them come as far as the river bank but Im sure that will change now.

6. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just goes to show that you never really what can happen. two old fishing buddies just fishing having a good time, argument that STAB STAB!

thats why i also carry my piece while fishing

yeah, maybe in some situation it won't do me any good, but damnit at least i have the option.

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

OR.... I just needed a small piece of cut bait Your Honor...W

8. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

He told me that he wanted a burial at sea, and being the helpfull sort that I am I figured I'd give him the next best thing.:wink:

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can see me and "HRcats" doing that if we dont get on the big flatheads by August!:big_smile:

10. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    WELL YOUR HONOR I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS A REAL CUT UP KIND OF GUY.:big_smile::crazy::embarassed::smile2:

11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    up dayton way it can get bad as well that why i have a machete handy when i fish later all