St Rd 67 Just North Of 39

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by IndyMedicGuy, May 29, 2008.

1. IndyMedicGuy

IndyMedicGuy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have seen more than once several cars parked along the Northbound side of St Rd 67 a few miles north if 39. Is this people going down to the river to fish? Are there good spots there to fish from? The other night there must have been 15 cars. There is also a small bait shop in that area, is it any good? I am always on the lookout for new spots to fish from since I am limited to bank fishing. I have been curious about this area.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i would say go check out the bait shop and ask questions! also zoom in on google earth and see what the river looks like. you can see all kinds of stuff of interest.

3. shadgut

shadgut New Member

State:
    camby, indiana
    I put my boat in there last weekend at the bait shop north of 39 bridge, caught a 15lb flatty down river from bait shop. he will let u bank fish there if u bye something. his bait is limited. take your cast net. save your time goen down where u seen all those cars, it gets fished hard and if u don't know spanish u probably will not be able 2 communicate with anyone down there.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ya that area is fished hard but at the right times can still produce some NICE fish... But when you see that many cars down there it useally mean Its turned into Little Mexico... They stay down there for days on end.. If i show up they know to stay as far away from me as possible and I fish where i want. They will even move from a spot for me... Its a dam with a warm water discharge from the coal plant.. It is a nice place to fish but sometimes other trash the place with litter.. But its a good hole.. I once caught 12 flatties in one night along with channels and drum and carp...