St. Pierre-Penn II on Jan. 31, 2009

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by TNVOLCAT, Nov 12, 2008.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    UFC announced today that UFC 94 will be Jan. 31,2009 and the main event will be St. Pierre-Penn II for the Welterweight title.

Any thoughts or early predictions?

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m going with Penn in this one because I think he is the most complete , well rounded fighter there is.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm going with GSP for the same reason. Well rounded, and GSP's striking is on a whole 'nother level than BJ's. BJJ, I would give Penn the advantage. I think it will be GSP by TKO.

4. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    I can't call it but I would like to see BJ win! This will be a good fight for sure. B.J is at the top of the jj game and he has developed amazing stand up! Most people overlook it due to his jj background but it's there! Both are what I consider naturals and I think it's a well deserved fight for both of them. Since Pt.1 went to a decision and GSP claims he received a poke in the eye. It will come down to who wants it more!! B.J wants this fight BAD and I think GSP fears B.J. But fear may be to his advantage.
    I honestly don't think this one will be left up to the judges!:wink:

5. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    GSP If they stand/box and maybe, just maybe BJ if it goes to the ground.

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    BJ is my favorite MMA fighter in the game right now. In the first fight, BJ gave St. Pierre a tough time until he gassed out. If BJ comes in at top condition, I give to him. He can throw hands and take a punch.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If BJ is to win, he will have to do it standing up. I don't think he can take GSP down. His takedowns will be twarted, he'll be forced to stand. :tounge_out:

8. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I'm going to say GSP will win.
    But I would'nt place a bet on it.