St. Louis reliever

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by slabmaster, Apr 18, 2006.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    we need a new one. issringhouser is not an effective closer any more. he is always good for a hit aand a lot of times he will give up a walk or 2. if St. Louis contends for the division pennant this year we need a new closer and a .500 average at the all star break. i cant belive as old as tony is hes going out on the shoulders of a mediocer reliver.

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

If I remember correctly, 2 out of the first 3 games he had saves. Or was it 3/3??? Either way, he was placed into situations that he could excell in, and did. Since then Tony hasn't put him in those type of situations, and he has failed.

Ray

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    im not saying he cant be the closer for some one, or in some situations . I am saying it is time for the cards to get a new closer . maybe the cubs can take issy of our hands and we can get some one that can still bring the heater.

4. Super Fish Champion

Super Fish Champion New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey rex i wouldnt advise the cards get any pitcher from the cubs...they usually suck and eventually they all die of injuries midway through the season....and btw i think we should just trust tony's decisions...he currently has the most wins of a current manager and 3rd on the all-time list...so i do believe he knows he is doing....and also izzy is one of the top closers in the game....he just has problems sometimes but then again wat player doesnt....and for the record the cards have lost in big games in both the WS and NLCS in the last two years and in none of those games was it izzy's fault...he is a solid closer and we should just back him like we do every other member of our team...thats wat makes cardinal nation so great!!

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    tell me how much you love him at the all star break.im not knocking the cards. ive been a fan for 40 years. i do know that when you closer comes to the mound every one on the team needs to feel like the game is in the bag and i can promise you a lot of guys dont feel warm and fuzzy when tony hands him the ball.

6. Super Fish Champion

Super Fish Champion New Member

State:
    illinois
    i can tell you from watching practically every cardinals game for the last few years since izzy came there and i feel that with this current team being led by such great leaders like pujols, rolen, edmonds, carp that they really get the team supporting each other and behind izzy a 100% percent. U cannot tell me that you have ever seen a Cardinal player express discomfort and uneasiness when izzy steps on the field. he is one of the dominant closers of the last 10 years and if tony and the team didnt trust him he wouldnt be there. end of story!

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: HE MAY BE A GOOD CLOSER BUT HE SURE DOES KNOW HOW TO MAKE A PERSON VERY UNEASY. LIKE TODAYS GAME. HE REALLY HAD ME NERVIOUS. HOW ABOUT SIR ALBERT ? HE DID IT AGAIN. NO.14