St Louis - I need a new fishing buddy!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by bluecatnut, Mar 16, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i am moving back down by st louis if any one would like a new fishing buddy just let me know

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Actually, there are quite a few folks around the St. Louis area on this board. I am sure when the weather breaks, a few of us that get cold easy will be heading out. I fish almost entirely on the Mississippi River just south of here, near Festus. You are quite welcome to join me.

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Bluecatnut. I am from north east of St louis. I fish the Miss river at alton occasionally. Maybe we can get time to hook up sometime this summer. Will keep in touch.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome to St. Louis BlueCat. Great place to fish. Even kutter seems to be getting the itch. See, Kutter is like a bluecat in that when the water temp gets to around 60 he starts getting the itch. LOL. Below that, and he finds a deep hole to hide in. Kutter, we have to get you to a meeting so you can join the boat club. You will find lots of opportunities around here bluecat. Your welcome in my boat anytime. Looks like I might be boatless for a couple months though, as I'm selling mine and upgrading to a bigger one. But should have my new one by June so let me know. LOts of great places to fish around here.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    John, I take it your boat finnally got skunked? Geez, one outing without a fish and you get rid of the boat & change your name to "Cuz". Boy you is REAL touchy, huh? LOL

I did like your comparison of me and a blue catfish. Rang a bit true. Although, the older I get the more I resemble a flathead.

Don't worry, my boat will be up and running in no time and we can use it till you get your new toy. I am ready for that boat club meeting any time.

6. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i have a little 14 deep v with a 20 on it but i think it wouldn't do well on the bigger rivers and lakes where the hawgs hang out

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    jetdriver was just something i threw in real fast when i joined. Cuz is a nickname I got about 5 years ago and it sorta stuck with all my buds, so CUZ it is. Kutter, I like my boat but its like this. I got twofootitus. Sea Ark just came out with that 24 foot Big Daddy with a 15 degree V Hull and a 225 Horse Capacity. That puppy had my name all over it. LOL. It will run alot smoother in a nasty chop to say the least. I just need to get mine sold so I can get that rascal ordered. I'll find out when the next boat club meeting is and give you a shout. Hey Catnut, that boat of yours should be perfectly safe on the rivers if you know you and its limitations. Stay away from the barges, and be extra careful and you should be okay. If you like, I'd be happy to sell you my boat. LOL. Dont take Kutter with you though. Hes not a good guest. You wont catch a damn thing but a cold and he will catch all the fish.

8. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    hey cuz you will like that 15 degree v hull i got the same thing only in the 20ft baymaster seaark they cut thriugh chop and ride smooth hopen to get down that way and fish sometime i fish up around winfield been pretty good up here so far this winter

9. jnjmeyer

jnjmeyer New Member

State:
    Richmond Heights Mo
    Slider, I've got a place on the MS. First house (yellow) south of the Hamburg ramp. Won't put the dock and pontoon in until the high water (flood) is no longer a problem. If you see a white S10 pickup parked by the house stop by and have a coffee/beer whichever.....Almost stay/fish the pool between Winfield and Clarksville. If you choose to trailer down, there is a MO DNR ramp on the MO side of the river, just south of Ellsbury, almost directly across from the house. Since I'm retired, usually am there Tues thru Thurs. That way I don't have to dodge the Wave Runners...LOL. Maybe we'll see ya.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    You obviously have me confused with somebody else, Cuz. Just ask anybody else who I have fished with. Most would be surprised hearing that I had ever caught a fish.

Wolfie, gonna have to start calling you "Pot" and me "Kettle". Actually, I would be proud to have the name Kettle, Pa Kettle being my hero and mentor an all. By the way, I got your PM. My buddie hasn't made it down to Tunnel Dam yet, what with the twisters and now this cold front going through. Thanks for the incredible amount of info you sent. He couldn't believe how much info you sent.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks for the information slider. I'm looking forward to getting into that boat thats for sure. I'd love to swap fishing trips with you. I've been wanting to get some fishing in up your way as I dont know that section of river very well. I do know my section extremely well. I'm not all that far from where your at. We can get together this spring and do some fishing. The bite has been a little slow lately with this cold front and high winds, but it should pick up soon. Keep In Touch and well go wet some Lines. WOLFMAN, I'm selling a 2005 G3 2072 DLX CC and 2005 Yamaha 115 4 Stroke and 2005 Bear Trailer. Includes Motorguide Trolling Motor, 2 fish finders, etc etc etc. Too many extras to list. If you know anyone that might be interested, pass it on. I have it priced kinda high right now, but I'd knock quite a bit off for a BOC Bro. You are correct about Kutter. I'm already on to him. I got to see how he operates personally last summer. He hitches rides on everyones boats, then plops his line in some outa the way cranny which initially makes you wanna laugh. Then, BAM, up pops a fish. Hmmm. Guess I better start paying attention to some of these old farts. LOL.

12. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Is there a boat club for catfishermen in the area? If not we should get together some time to meet and go fishing. There seems to be a lot of people in here from above and below st louis. i would sure like to meet some of you guys

Theres another alton tournament comming up next sat the 25th. I looked up the long range weather and it/s sopposed to be close to sixty so I will probaly go. Any one else going?

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm planning on fishing that tournament Patrick. As well, I'm pursuing the possibility of forming a catfish club amongst we midwest fisherman. Lots of details to iron out. More later...........

14. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Maybe we all can get together sometime here in a few months when the water comes up and all.

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I still can't get use to the "CUZ" thing either Kutter LOL.
    I bet that boat has some kind of jink goin on now and outta be about 1/2 price...;)

16. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Can't wait to meet u guys next sat, i'll be running the tournament, if u have any questions feel free to ask me. The St. Louis / southwestern Il. area does need a catfish org.

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Now, Now, just so you all know. My boat got skunked twice. Thats it!! Shes outa here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Figured I get my name changed too. Those big blues are feeling twinging little pains in there gums as I type this. As for the truth, I came down with a case of twofoottitus. Doc said to purchase the new 24 foot big daddy with a 225 horse on it and the symptoms should dissappear quickly. So, I'm just doing what the doctor ordered. Kutter, since it will be a new boat, you arnt allowed to bring rods first time you ride in her. If you must bring rods, you have to donate a small token to said boat owner such as a rabbits foot, silver dollar, etc etc. Now, if said boat owner gets skunked on previously mentioned outing with Kutter, then Kutter owes owner 1 full months boat payment. LMAO...oh yeah, no banannas on board my boat either. Thats grounds for a thorough dunking.

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now remember what I told you. A new boat will have you all carefull an such, worrying about getting a scratch or something. Best thing you can do is go ahead and run it up on some rocks or simular, get that first scratch over with so you won't worry any more. If you like, I would be proud to help you in that little endever.

Rods? I don't need no stinking rods!!!

If I recall, you didn't get skunked when we went out. Remember that bighead carp that bounced around all over your boat while you were trying to catch it and I was too busy laughing to help?

Banannas? Got me there, I aint got a clue where that came from.

Bluecatnut, are you feelin at home here with us crazy locals, or are we scaring your off?

19. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kutter... Ill let you bring your own rods in my new boat instead. Clifton already initiated it with skipjack blood all over the place as we put over 35 fish in the boat the first time on its maiden voyage. I already kicked it a few times to get over that new boat syndrome so it will be ready!

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Vince went and 1 upped me. Kutter, you can put the first scratch on the boat. That way, I'll always have something to remember you by. LOL. Bringing banannas aboard a boat is a centuries old superstition that it brings bad luck to the vessel. They absolutely wouldnt allow them on the marlin boats in Hawaii. I had to eat it at the dock. Might be a fun internet search to learn the history. Have to wait till tonight though. I'm in Austin and have to go to Boston. Then Wash Dulles, then back to Boston then right back to the BOC.