St Louis Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by RIVER-RAT, Aug 21, 2006.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Just posting a note about the St Louis gathering that took place on Saturday August 19th.

I had a great time and it was nice to meet some local catfishing goo-roos like myself. I had some relatively good success...1st fish was a 9 pound channel caught on cut asian carp. Next was a 10 pound blue caught on fresh caught / cut shad. Fish #3 was a five pound blue on cut shad and finally a 13 pound blue on fresh cut shad. I have NEVER had a night like this before! I was having a great time and before I knew it, it was 2:00am and time to go home. :sad2:

I really want to go again and hopefully you all want to as well. I'd like to get together again before the year is over.

Every trip I try to learn something new, this trip I learned that I need to keep fresh bait on the hook. Everytime I put fresh bait on...the fish would hit!:big_smile:

I had tons of fun and am planning on going back there this upcoming weekend. Maybe I can talk some of you to get there also.

2. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun. How did the other guys do?

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Glad You had a good time bill and thanks for shareing with us.

4. fishhunter

fishhunter New Member

State:
    lagrange,mo
    we had a good time also. we ended up with 1 15# flat and a few small channels. it was kind of slow but a good time anyway

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    when ever you guys want to go again make a date and i will try to be there. We was thinking about camping out all night on one of the islands.

6. river_001

river_001 New Member

Jason It was 17lbs lol. Anyways I got a new Avator out of it. Big fish was 17 plus a 5lb and a bunch of nice channels. Will definately make the trip again.

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Just in case anyone is interested, I'm going to be going to the West Alton Dam there off of Hwy 67 on Sunday evening about 5...if anyone wants to go and have a little "fish-off" if you will,:tounge_out: Let me know and we'll meet up there and have a great night of fishing.:lol:

8. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I may come up there. You gonna bank fish?

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    No, I'll be out in the boat.