St.Louis Cardinals

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Aug 4, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    What is going on with the Red Birds. They have lost 8 straight now.:sad2: Think they had better be waking up. Reds are only 3 back now.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Egg...........calling Egg...........

LMAO

Sorry to hear about your team's woes brother, I felt this way at the beginning of last year being a Dolphins fan. Grrrrr

3. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    man i dont know.
    when they lose they flat out lose and keep loseing
    its disheartening:angry: .
    their pitching i think is what brings them down.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Umm, my team is the Pirates so you ain't getting any sympathy from me!:roll_eyes:

5. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Dont ask me dang it! I dont know what the heck is goin on, cant seem to get any key hits and last night carpenter is on the mound ready to pitch and the team is still in the dugout playin with themselves or something. I lost 8 sodas at work last week over that crappy cub series...8 dollars on soda bets!!???? Ido think they will step up and protect their 1st place spot against the reds this week but if the do not its about time for CLOSED DOOR meeting with larussa or maybe Albert should call a players only meeting and see they can get their sh&^ together.

GO CARDS!!!!!

egg

6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    First off they should have kept Grud, the second baseman we had last year and gone out to get another big bat and a real starter, not a reject:roll_eyes: ....the ownership is so tight they squeak when they walk.:confused2: JMHO

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Here's hoping the Cards keep losing and the Astros find their bats and relief pitching. Sorry bout that, but....

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well, Jerry it's like this I'm a cards fan first however if the birds can't get the job done then I got to pull for the Astro's. To me they are the two best teams in the Nat. league. Always did like Jeff Bagwell to bad his back had to give out. The Killer B's was tough at one time.

9. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I've been a Cards fan almost all my life. Made several trips to St. Louis over the years to watch my team play. Yes, they are in a loosing streak right now. They will recover and get back to playing normal baseball. They really miss Sanders and Walker. Grudsalanic (sp) at second was a good steady player. But to get down to where the rubber meets the road it's all about Pitching. Moulder is being missed right now. Carpenter is as good as they come but even the best don't have it all every time they take the mound. Supan (sp) is a good middle starter. Edmonds has yet to find his best swing, Rowland is as steady as usual, and you can't say enough about Albert. Will they win the Central? I think they will. Don't see Cincy winning it but they could. Astros will be likely be there at the end. Will the Cards win the National League? They could but I expect the Mets to come out on top this year. Like I said, I bleed Cardinals Red and they will always be my team. I just try to look at them from a realistic prespective.